Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2008, 02:09 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
*searching for "shaking with fear" icon!!*
Laughing over this side mate, just laughing.

01-30-2008, 08:27 AM   #17
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stewart_photo Quote
Are you an elementary/early grade school teacher, Frank? In my experience, few others would have the sheer and unmitigated audacity to come into a forum as a relatively new member and attempt to lecture to many hundreds on how they should or should not behave, or what they should or should not post, much less suggest how owners should operate the forum or how Hoya-Pentax Corporation should conduct its business.

Actually, the fact that a good number haven't posted with less-than-polite suggestions for what you might do with that so-called essay surely suggests the forum members here are a lot more civil than you seem to think.

stewart
Now that is a funny post. I love it!
01-30-2008, 08:54 AM   #18

I am a new member on this site.

I have been using pentax since 2000, so in some regards I am new with the gear too.

I just want to say to heck with being civil and learning about camera gear and furthering ourselves as photographers. Bickering makes for an entertaining site and keeps the users coming back for more

This post was destined to have debate. While informative, it invites those with strong opinions to continue to argue their points.

Pentax is a small club. It consits of 2 users. Those who are proud of the company as a provider for the little guy who can't dish out $5000 on a truely professional. And those who want Pentax to join the ranks with Nilkon and Canon.

Either way, we should belong together.
01-30-2008, 10:53 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
While one would like to think that those who use Pentax cameras are a bit more refined, it simply is not true. Humanity is what it is... I've also read through the Canon and Nikon forums and see equally the number of "I'm switching to..." threads and "What was Nikon thinking..." threads and "I think the D3 is better than the 1D" threads....OMG...we are just like...'them'...ugh!

EVERY time a new camera comes out this is simply gonna happen. People are people and that's that. You have your curmudgeons and you have your patriots and your patriotic curmudgeons and your "who cares one way or the other" people....it would be a pretty dull world without them...

I enjoyed the essay by the way and as one who fell into the disappointed category, did not take offense...

Ah, humanity....

01-30-2008, 01:50 PM   #20
SouthShoreRob

QuoteOriginally posted by stewart_photo Quote
Are you an elementary/early grade school teacher, Frank?

stewart
I am Stewart - by the way that should be with a capital S - and let me say, for what it's worth, I find this characterization much more offensive than the O.P.'s essay.
01-30-2008, 03:29 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SouthShoreRob Quote
I am Stewart - by the way that should be with a capital S

Actually, since it is both my real name (capital "S") and trade name (lower case "s"), either is quite acceptable as far as I'm concerned.

QuoteQuote:
- and let me say, for what it's worth, I find this characterization much more offensive than the O.P.'s essay.

Perhaps. Sorry if you were offended. However, as stated, it is a characterization derived from experience (wife as a high school/secondary school teacher and later school administrator) gained through associations with such teachers over the years. Of course, not all elementary/early grade school teachers are like that. Just enough to form this generalization of some.

stewart