Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2008, 06:05 PM   #16
Inactive Account

is the UPC code on the box generic or is it associated to a serial numbered item?

01-31-2008, 06:58 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sprags Quote
is the UPC code on the box generic or is it associated to a serial numbered item?
That's a good question.

woof

Last edited by woof; 01-31-2008 at 07:21 PM.
01-31-2008, 08:33 PM   #18

Original Poster
To all,

Based on my conversation with Sonia at Pentax ALL K10D's have the same UPC. I assumed
that she was speaking of legitimate USA product and not grey market. If one compares the
UPC code with the rebate form under K10D they are the same number. I did this prior to
faxing the info to Pentax today. Someone attempted to email me a UPC but it came through
as anonymous with no UPC and then that person requested that I not use it for fear of causing problems. I won't especially since it did not come through. I am using the one Ray sent me.

Fellow members, I am NOT trying to get over on anyone, least of all PENTAX. I am merely
trying to get a rebate which would not have been a problem had they not lost the UPC
in the first place. To top it all off, I have a legitimate invoice from BUYDIG.com which one
would think would suffice but according to Sonia is not sufficient. I am not and I repeat
not trying to do anything underhanded here. I am merely trying to supply the information
that this lady Sonia at Pentax said that I would need in order to receive my rebate.

My apologies for any discomfort or concern I caused anyone.
Thanks to everyone for their time and assistance.

Best regards,

Grant

PS: I am chasing the rebate so hard because I hoped to use it towards a good quality
camera bag for the field.
01-31-2008, 09:21 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
Aww crap, I forgot to make copies of the K10 and the battery grip UPCs for whatever reason...

How long does it take for your name to show up at Pentax Imaging ? I sent my stuff in around the 15th or 16th...
It appears to go in batches — they did a whole bunch all at once in mid-December.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sprags Quote
It's generic. It has the same number as that listed on the rebate form, in fact.

02-01-2008, 07:41 PM   #20

I bought my camera and battery grip on the 9th of January and got my emails today from Pentax.

That's just me, though

Steve
02-02-2008, 12:06 PM   #21
Veteran Member

My email from Pentax arrived this morning, with an estimated check arrival on the 27th
02-04-2008, 06:05 PM   #22

K10D Rebate

This is what I went through and maybe this will help someone out there. ...

I bought my K10D body from BuyDig.
I prepared all the documents and cut out the UPC code from the box. Made copies and faxed it in. I did EVERYTHING Correctly.
I receive a card back saying incorrect UPC code. I scratched my head a few times until I wondered if the UPC sticker which was stuck on the Box's UPC code was the one. I called the rebate center and they said that the number was correct. I was told I would need to fax it over for them to see it.

I'm told my rebate is coming...we'll see.

02-22-2008, 12:54 PM   #23

Pentax K10D rebate and upc code problems

Hi I am one of the unfortunate ones who is having trouble with the Pentax K10D rebate as well. I just talked to them and they say they have to have a copy of the UPC symbol to finish my rebate. I sent it in but apparently they don't care about that . They have said if I can send a copy by fax they would accept that. unfortunately I dont have a copy.

I would appreciate any help I can get. I bought my camera from J & K Cameras Brooklyn, NY and they say they can't help since they don't keep any information but the invoice where I purchased the camera.

Last edited by dispatcher_cheryl; 02-22-2008 at 12:55 PM. Reason: added info
02-22-2008, 01:03 PM   #24
Veteran Member

My K10D rebate is my third now. The first one went through fine, the second they lost my UPC. With both they said they sent the checks, but I never received them until I called and they re-issued them, after that I saw them the next day. With the K10D I stapled the UPC to the rebate form so they won't lose it hopefully. It says it is being processed and the check is estimated to be sent on March 19. Hopefully this one will work out with no issues.
02-22-2008, 01:35 PM   #25

Wanna hear something awesome?

QuoteQuote:
We have received your submission and it is being processed. The estimated mail date for your check is 26-Feb-2008.
Guess I'm just lucky. Well, they thought my name was Ben Plant, but that's OK.
02-22-2008, 01:39 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benplaut Quote
Wanna hear something awesome?

Guess I'm just lucky. Well, they thought my name was Ben Plant, but that's OK.
Don't get your hopes up yet, that is what mine said, then it was updated as your UPC code was missing or wrong, so you aren't out of the woods until it says it has been approved. Even then hopefully they send the check out, somehow they forgot on my last two.
02-23-2008, 04:08 PM   #27

Rebates Suck!!!!!

I too did everything correct for the "Brighten your holiday" DSLR promo. And I got the card in the mail. I know I did everything correctly. Fortunately, I have copies of everything sent. Can someone post the phone number to speak to someone. I have been to the referred website, filled out the response, with no response. I emailed customer no-service with no response. Pentax, if your listening, at approx $700, you are not selling disposable P&S, you are selling to prosumers. We would like to be treated better than as if we are Grandma and papa buying a P&S.
02-23-2008, 07:56 PM   #28

I taped mine to my reciept and while it was taped I took several copies for my records. If they lose my UPC then it was on purpose. I thought about the staple idea and figured they would somehow figure out how to use that as a loop hole so they would not have to pay up, as if I damaged it or something.
03-07-2008, 05:54 PM   #29

Copy Pentax response to my complaint about rebate

Date: 2-25-2008

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting Pentax.

Our rebates are handled by a separate company (Continental Promotion Group(CPG)), which can be contacted at 1-888-893-3769. They will probably need the camera serial# and/or purchase date. It is important that you call CPG first and give them a chance to track down your rebate, or to track down the cause of any problems with your rebate.

If they are unable to help you, please call us at 1-800-877-0155, and ask to be transferred to our "bounce queue for a rebate issue". This will connect you with someone here at Pentax that will try to resolve any problems relating to your rebate.

If you are in need of further assistance, please respond to this email or call our technical support center at 800-877-0155.

Sincerely,
Erica R.
Pentax Imaging Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My response today:

Erica, in your original email you asked me to let you know if I had any problems getting my rebate. I called CPG on 2-25-08 and was told I forgot my UPC label. I know for fact that sent this with the rest of the docs. After pointing out that I followed the rules and included the UPC, I was told a supervisor would call me back in 24 hours. I waited until today for this phone call. Finally, I waited long enough. Today I spoke to Randall, and Lisa (supervisor) from CPG. They are adamant that Pentax is responsible for losing my UPC symbol. Further, because you lost my upc I will not be getting a rebate until I fax them a copy of this UPC code.

Erica, I am going on 10 weeks that someone other than me has held my money hostage. As you might imagine this doesn't sit well with me. To meet the moneynappers demands, I am going out of my way to fax a copy of my UPC to CPG's "supervisor" fax number (480-606-4331). I have asked them to acknowledge receipt of this fax. If I don't get my confirmation today, I will let you know. Once I get this confirmation, I expect I should receive my rebate by the end of next week. If not, I will let you know this as well.

In the meantime this quest to get my $125 back will mean that I will have spent approximately $15 in expenses, $3.76 in interest and $187.50 in time (approximately 30 minutes on the phone, 30 minutes driving to fax machine etc.). I would like to have Pentax send me a free IR remote for my k10d to satisfy this situation. If this is not acceptable to Pentax, please let me know what other options I have to recover my rebate as well as my additional expenses.

Thank you in advance

------------------------------------------------------
If anyone has anymore problems with Pentax rebates, youcould contact Erica or better yet complain to Pentax about this Continental Promotion Group. Maybe we could send some faxes to CPG's faxes
03-07-2008, 06:00 PM   #30

Received, signed, and deposited. Yea!!