Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2008, 09:59 AM   #1

K10 UPC for Rebate

Members,

I need help on the rebate. Sorry for this being my first post but here goes. I submitted my UPC
for my rebate but it was lost at Pentax. Since I do not have a flatbed copier I did not copy the
UPC prior to sending it to Pentax. I purchased through an online retailer and contacted them and they
were totally unable to help. Can someone who has a box with the UPC intact scan it for me and email
to me as a PDF? Otherwise I will be out $100.

Other members shouold take note, Pentax informed me that their mail is mechanically opened and quite
often UPC's are lost. Please make copies of your UPC's prior to submitting so this does not happen to you.

Any help that anyone can provide would be most appreciated. Again sorry for this as my first post but we are in
just a little bit of a panic mode here! Apologies to the mods if this is out of line and please remove if so.
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Grant

01-30-2008, 10:20 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
AFAIK, you have to provide the "original" bar code cut from the box. You can copy it for your records, but it doesn't replace the original. Per the recommendation of another member here, I sent mine in with a USPS "Return Receipt Request". I received their acknowledgment immediately.
Good Luck!
01-30-2008, 10:23 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I had that problem with a rebate last year on my 50mm lens. I just called customer support and read them the number off the rebate form for the lens and they put it in their system and it got processed fine after that. When I send my K10D rebate in I will be stapling the upc to the rebate form.
01-30-2008, 10:25 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Seems to me, if they admit that they lost it, it should be a gimme. You submitted the UPC in good faith; they dropped the ball.

Thinking about this, it's the redemption house that dropped the ball. Call Pentax directly, and talk to their customer service folks. I'll bet they'll make it right, based on other people's experience (that I've read about).

01-30-2008, 10:36 AM   #5

Original Poster
I called Pentax at the number in my email 1-888-893-3769 and gave them my submission ID #. I spoke with
Sonia who then spoke to her supervisor on my behalf. She informed me that a photocopy would be sufficient,
but that I would need that and would need to fax it to them. Apparently they need visual proof as my receipt
from the online retailer was not enough. The fact that the mail is mechanically opened and the risk for
loss is larger than by hand is not the responsibility of Pentax apparently. They even state this at the bottom of the
rebate form. Thanks for everyones input.

Best regards,

Grant
01-30-2008, 10:49 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Where did you get the K10D from? I'm suprised they wouldn't accept the receipt from the retailer.
Anyway, good luck!
01-30-2008, 10:56 AM   #7

Original Poster
I purchased from BUYDIG.com. Excellent service, but apparently are just a warehouse so could
not get me a photocopy.

01-30-2008, 10:59 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I would call them back and explain to them that you don't have the upc. That is what happened with us, we always copy any information that we send in for rebates, but for some reason we forgot to copy the upc on that lens one. The guy just said he needed the number, and the number happens to be printed right on the rebate form, so I just read it off to him and he put it in the system. I know you said they would except a copy, but you don't have one, just call them and you should be able to get it resolved today.
01-30-2008, 11:06 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Wait, you asked BuyDig for a photocopy of the actual UPC of YOUR camera? Or a photocopy of the receipt?
01-30-2008, 11:11 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by egordon99 Quote
Wait, you asked BuyDig for a photocopy of the actual UPC of YOUR camera? Or a photocopy of the receipt?
It sounds like he needs a photocopy of the upc symbol. If you still don't have this resolved, I will be getting my K10D soon, probably Monday at the latest, I will be happy to send you a copy of the upc symbol.
01-30-2008, 12:04 PM   #11

Original Poster
egordon99 - I requested a copy of the K10D. According to Pentax, all of the K10D's have the same UPC which
I think is correct since as travis_cooper pointed out it is on the rebate form already. I am not sure what is going
on since I have the invoice from BUYDIG.com and asked point blank "so my invoice from BUYDIG.com is basically
useless" to which she replied "yes". I do not know if there has been a policy change or not but for whatever
reason they need visual proof. I don't know why my invoice is insufficient.

travis_cooper. A photocopy of the UPC is exactly what I need and I have to fax it to Pentax with name, amount of rebate,
phone, and submission ID. Thanks for your offer. I just received a PM from a kind member to send me a copy so I will
respond to him.

Thanks again.
01-30-2008, 06:54 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by travis_cooper Quote
I had that problem with a rebate last year on my 50mm lens. I just called customer support and read them the number off the rebate form for the lens and they put it in their system and it got processed fine after that. When I send my K10D rebate in I will be stapling the upc to the rebate form.
Travis - just a word of warning regarding "stapling" the UPC. I did this and it got lost somewhere, and Pentax would do nothing about it. I talked to 2 different individuals and they basically said sorry, nothing we can do. I never got my $50 for the K100D. Good luck with yours.
01-30-2008, 08:22 PM   #13
Veteran Member

I'll e-mail you a scan of the photocopy I made of mine. PM me your e-mail address.
01-30-2008, 09:11 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Aww crap, I forgot to make copies of the K10 and the battery grip UPCs for whatever reason...

How long does it take for your name to show up at Pentax Imaging ? I sent my stuff in around the 15th or 16th...
01-31-2008, 08:59 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CRD-NUT Quote
egordon99 - I requested a copy of the K10D. According to Pentax, all of the K10D's have the same UPC which
I think is correct since as travis_cooper pointed out it is on the rebate form already. I am not sure what is going
on since I have the invoice from BUYDIG.com and asked point blank "so my invoice from BUYDIG.com is basically
useless" to which she replied "yes". I do not know if there has been a policy change or not but for whatever
reason they need visual proof. I don't know why my invoice is insufficient.

travis_cooper. A photocopy of the UPC is exactly what I need and I have to fax it to Pentax with name, amount of rebate,
phone, and submission ID. Thanks for your offer. I just received a PM from a kind member to send me a copy so I will
respond to him.

Thanks again.
Check your email.

I zoned out and forgot to send it last night, but it is in your email box this morning.

Hope this helps.

Ray