Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2007, 08:26 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You need to stop with the fanboy pejorative; I seriously doubt you'd apply it to a Canon or Nikon user with a bag full of name branded equipment. Fanboy evokes specifics WWII era caricatures of certain minorities that today are considered very low-brow. Don't belittle or defame a person over personal preference, even in jest, lest you seek litigation.

As for Ricehigh and the other chicken-littles: when they stop all their bleeting & fakey hair pulling chest thumping type antics and demonstrate a real problem or actual cause for concern, then they will have my undivided attention.

01-02-2007, 08:43 AM   #17
Inactive Account

The K10 I played with last month felt great. The buttons and dials had just the right resistance and that was one of the reasons I ordered a K10.

Man! This sounds just a little bit like that "other forum" and it's routine nastiness. We'll start insulting each other and then go outside to settle it.

I don't know Rice High and I haven't gone to his blog but I don't see any reason for some of the responses here.

His complaint in the OP was very subjective and if you don't agree with him why not just say so and move on? If you think he has an agenda why read the post to begin with. Just pass it by.

Dan
01-02-2007, 08:59 AM   #18
Veteran Member

"As for Ricehigh and the other chicken-littles"

and u warn me of possible litigation.. ???

excuse me a moment while i pick myself up off the floor after laughing so much..

sometimes nothing hurts so much as the truth.. he he

i think mr RH is genuine even if he is a little over pedantic.. leave the poor guy alone..

trog
01-02-2007, 09:08 AM   #19

Buttons feel fine to me.

01-02-2007, 02:05 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by trog100 Quote
nothing wrong with a bit of "negativity" to offset the excessive fanboy stuff..

"positivity" dont kinda have the same ring to it thow.. he he

trog
No-one is allowed in your books to call the overely negative people trolls? fine I respect your opinion... but why is it OK for you to constantly accuse the rest of the forum of being FANBOYS... cmon Trog bit of a double standard?
01-02-2007, 02:44 PM   #21
Veteran Member

What say we drop all labeling on this forum as it isn't condusive to civil discourse.

We all like photography or we wouldn't be here, I'm guessing, so as long as we stick to topic and ignor things that are not appealing this forum will stay a pleasant and helpful place to frequent.
01-02-2007, 02:59 PM   #22
Veteran Member

i dont really joele my thoughts are kinda biased thow by what a "busy" pentax forum turns into.. reading dpreview.. this one will never get as busy or as bad.. i used to run my own forum a few years back.. a flightsim gaming one not photographic..

i had high ideals of free speech and all that.. it was a nice community at first.. then it grew like topsy.. i even found the american idea of free speech for example was different than my british idea..

an american thinks free speach is the right to say what he likes without anyone saying he is talking rubbish.. if they do he accuses them of attacking his rights..

the english idea of free speech is the opposite.. the right to "answer back".. all to do with us being peasants in the past i suppose..

either way too busy is bad not busy enough is bad.. lets hope this place never gets as busy as dpreview..

i googled the term fanboy.

Fanboy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

its not that bad and a real fanboy is proud of being a fanboy.. brand loyalty.. call it what u like.. but it does get in the way of intelligent discussion.. or "positive" criticism..

i think its something we should all be aware of.. and i only used the term in this thread to defend one of the forum members who i think is the victim of excessive "brand loyalty"

at least i aint used the term fanatic and jealot as has been used in the other place..

i have a habit of speaking tongue in cheek as well.. there was humour in my "positivity" comment and also in my use of the term fanboy.. if i really want to insult anyone i can do better job.. he he

and a negative person isnt a troll.. RH isnt a troll.. but it sure is fanboys that go for his throat thow..

i might well be trolling slightly.. but i never do it maliciously.. i am at worse just a mischievous troll.. it gets boring living under my bridge.. he he

trog

01-02-2007, 03:56 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Well said clarence....

QuoteOriginally posted by trog100 Quote
i dont really joele my thoughts are kinda biased thow by what a "busy" pentax forum turns into.. reading dpreview..
But this forum isn't like that yet and any baiting on either side will only accelerate the slide into what dpreview has become.. This is a new forum and it is best if we all try our best not to bring bias from other forums here and hopefully we don't slide into the same trap some forums have...

QuoteQuote:
an american thinks free speach is the right to say what he likes without anyone saying he is talking rubbish.. if they do he accuses them of attacking his rights..

the english idea of free speech is the opposite.. the right to "answer back".. all to do with us being peasants in the past i suppose..
Well this is an international forum so I think Mo would agree with me in saying as long as it isn't personal attacks you can agree and disagree with what you like..

I just personally don't think either calls of "troll" or "fanboys" are going to be helpfull (they both tend to bait people)..

QuoteQuote:
i think its something we should all be aware of.. and i only used the term in this thread to defend one of the forum members who i think is the victim of excessive "brand loyalty"
Well maybe let him defend himself if he cares.. Or let us (moderators) stop it if it goes too far...

In that vein to anyone taking issue with RH (and I know in the past I have been baited by RH too) I think it best that if we/you don't agree with RH just say why you don't agree and leave it at that i.e. leave out the personal attacks... Or better yet just ignore him and the thread..

QuoteQuote:
and a negative person isnt a troll.. RH isnt a troll.. but it sure is fanboys that go for his throat thow..
And a personal who gets sick and tired of someone who is incessantly negative about the smallest of issues isn't necessarily a "fanboy" either.. They’re only human ;-) But personal attacks in either direction aren't going to help matters...

Last edited by joele; 01-02-2007 at 04:06 PM.
01-02-2007, 04:49 PM   #24
Veteran Member

well joele u have just done a nice job of "moderating" in a moderate and pleasnt kinda way of course..

best of luck in your not always so easy job..

trog
01-02-2007, 05:01 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Could you move this off-topic discussion to some other place, please?
01-02-2007, 05:15 PM   #26
Inactive Account

Please close the thread. Enough is enough.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
01-02-2007, 05:24 PM   #27
Veteran Member

I second that. It even pains me to see this go on.
01-02-2007, 05:26 PM   #28
Veteran Member

2nd time in so many weeks....

someone posts something borderline...and we all end up bickering and fighting one another..and the original poster is no where to be seen...
01-02-2007, 05:35 PM   #29
Veteran Member

This has gone way off topic... and I think the original question was answered.. so I'm closing the thread.. sorry..
Closed Thread