Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-27-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Right angle finders

Well, I don't know where to post this, and the info may be old news. I just scored an Olympus OM10 in like new condition and at a really good price. Checking fleabay for the manual adaptor, I noted listings of the Olympus REF converter, some at moderate prices, that is, $50 or so.

Out of curiousity I tried my Pentax REF converter "M", this is the one for SLRs and DSLRs since the M series, and the one with switchable magnification, on the OM-10. A perfect fit, no forcing, no excess play, and screen coverage is complete.

This might be a good alternative to the spate of "universal" REF converters; it is probably better quality. Olympus makes good stuff, even if they are in financial difficulty. BTW, some folks on fleabay seem to think that the converter M like mine must be gold. I saw asking prices of several hundred dollars!

08-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Actually, the Olympus right angle finders are somewhat popular amongst Pentaxians because they fit Pentax cameras so well. You sometimes also find them here on the marketplace for some pretty reasonable prices, like you said. Mine does 1.2x or 2.5x.