Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-01-2012, 02:15 AM   #16

Photos: Albums
I have used the K30 with live view focus peaking. It is incredibly easy to use and obvious when things are in focus. In saying that, if you only want to use the viewfinder, the K30's is as good as the K5 which is better than most APS-C viewfinders due to its 100% coverage

09-03-2012, 07:33 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My K10D has a Katz Eye screen and I have found it a big help. I use that camera as my "manual" lens camera although I do mount one on my K5 from time to time. Focusing screens can be easily changed in most (if not all) Pentax camera bodies. I have not had good results using live view. I wear glasses (trifocals) and I trust the focusing screen with my glasses off better than my eyesight with the LCD.
09-03-2012, 08:52 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My K10D has been retrofitted with the LL-60 screen and has the O-ME53 magnifier mounted. I have no problem with manual focus. I heartily dislike screens with split prism and/or microprism in the middle; others love them, your choice. The LL-60 has a 3x3 grid in it that helps keep buildings standing up and horizons horizontal, which I find very helpful. The LL-60 screen reduced the exposure errors with my M lenses considerably as a side benefit.