Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #1

K7 Shutter Priority reset

Have a K7 and have just starting using Tv (shutter priority) mode and noticed that it gets stuck on a blinking 8000 and F6.3. I have tried turning the front dial to change the shutter speed and also tried pushing the Green button but its stuck on these settings. Have also tried turning the camera on / off and changed modes but its still on those settings. How can I reset it.

08-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mitch401 Quote
Have a K7 and have just starting using Tv (shutter priority) mode and noticed that it gets stuck on a blinking 8000 and F6.3. I have tried turning the front dial to change the shutter speed and also tried pushing the Green button but its stuck on these settings. Have also tried turning the camera on / off and changed modes but its still on those settings. How can I reset it.
Generally it starts blinking because exposure is out. I would check the configuration of your dial wheels in shutter priority mode, I think off the top of my head the dials swap between aperture and shutter priority. Otherwise you could do a factory reset from the menu if you can't figure it out.
08-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

how is your ISO set, Auto or fixed? by selecting very high ISO I can replicate your fault on K-5, do not have K-7 any more.
if you press ISO button then Green Button it will set ISO to auto , on K-5 but I thing it is the same on K-7
08-30-2012, 11:37 PM   #4

Original Poster
I reseted the camera back to factorry settings. It doesn't matter what mode the camera is in it only affects shutter adjustment and it always adjusts the shutter higher. The speed could be 500 and if I adjust the wheel to the right to go down in speed it goes up. And if I adjust the wheel to the left it goes up. The shutter only ever adjusts up. I rang the dealer in Australia and spoke with him for 20mins on the phone and he thinks the front dial is broken. When the camera is in Aperture priority the shutter adjusts ok.

08-31-2012, 08:22 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

well, go to menus and change the dial from default front to the rear for Tv and try if that will work.
I also would check if you haven't , by any chance, enabled Exposure Bracketing or any other multiexposure Modes, they can create very unusual camera behaviour indeed.