Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2008, 08:09 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Here's the destructive way.....

QuoteOriginally posted by Demiurge Quote
Will sleep on it. Maybe I can come up with something less destructuve. Sigh.
NOT recommended........
Lens stuck on Pentax SLR
The feeler gauge works for most apparently..... I believe it helps a bit to point the lens down, but may make little difference....Also it helps to make sure AF is set to manual.....

02-04-2008, 08:12 AM   #17
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Are yours a real Pentax KA lens or just a Ricoh one? If it is a Ricoh P lens, try to detach carefully with little force and it might come out if you're fortunate. I did (two decades ago).
If he is fortunate. What if he isn't? I wouldn't apply force, just follow the other instructions.
02-04-2008, 04:20 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Before you attempt any drastic approach in solving the problem. Take your time to try out the AF/MF switch. Once in AF, the auto focus locking pin may have a chance to yield separation on the stuck lens. I once told another person in another forum to do the same but that person refused to try and the next day, he managed to free the lens by 'guess what' -- the same thing that all other suggested which is to use the MF/AF switch and some wiggling and hopping the the AF pin from your K body pushes the lens to yield a separation.

To make the separation more effective, I will attempt the push with a razor or something thin enough to get in the 4 o'clock pin position to aid the separation with wiggling while turning AF switch to on. Please try this as the method has freed at least 1 to 2 other persons who was about to open his used lens the destructive way.

Thanks,
Hin
02-04-2008, 08:19 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
Before you attempt any drastic approach in solving the problem. Take your time to try out the AF/MF switch. Once in AF, the auto focus locking pin may have a chance to yield separation on the stuck lens. I once told another person in another forum to do the same but that person refused to try and the next day, he managed to free the lens by 'guess what' -- the same thing that all other suggested which is to use the MF/AF switch and some wiggling and hopping the the AF pin from your K body pushes the lens to yield a separation.

To make the separation more effective, I will attempt the push with a razor or something thin enough to get in the 4 o'clock pin position to aid the separation with wiggling while turning AF switch to on. Please try this as the method has freed at least 1 to 2 other persons who was about to open his used lens the destructive way.

Thanks,
Hin
I finally managed to find the relevant thread in photo.net that I and many other Pentaxians scramble with panics to help this new comer who finally frees up the stuck lens with AF/MF switch and a wiggle. I am going to PM the original poster hoping he has not done the destructive way and give the MF/AF method at least a decent try before destroying his K10D.

Pentax Forum: Freaking out over a lens that would not come out - photo.net

[UPDATE:]
I quoted this whole reply and send PM to original poster and I hope he reads email. It happens similarly in the photo.net for the problem and I hope the suggestion gives the OP something to try.

Hin

Last edited by hinman; 02-04-2008 at 08:24 PM.
02-05-2008, 12:03 AM   #20
Site Supporter

Been there, done that recently. I was able to get the lens off with the AF/MF switch and rocking the lens back and forth. After it was off, i took the end off the lens and removed the offending pin so I can use the lens (just in MF only mode now).

Good luck!