Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2008, 01:31 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
K10 Selling Fast in U.K./Just Had Mine..WOW.

Hi All,
Just to introduce myself as a newbie and like many others I suppose have been waiting on the fence to purchase K10 or K20. Prices quoted for K20 body only in UK £900. I am sure this will be another great camera. However for £450 got new K10 with 18-55 lens. Price clinched it for me. K10 is becoming like gold dust in UK ,for past few days have tried many stores and web sites-all sold out and could not give any restocking dates.So come on anyone on the fence for K10 before its to late.
Cheers Josh.

01-31-2008, 03:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

900 GBP

are you insane? thats 1800 dollars, pentax isnt that stupid.

lets see some links.
01-31-2008, 03:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
900 GBP

are you insane? thats 1800 dollars, pentax isnt that stupid.

lets see some links.
Hey Gooshin — maybe try to increase the civility of and decrease the name-calling in your replies?

The £450 price for the body and kit lens equates to about $880 US, and you can get the body and kit lens for $110 less than that here. (And better than that a few weeks ago.) Still seems a bit high, but that's probably the difference between list and street price.
01-31-2008, 03:34 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Thank goodness I have had mine since March Last year.

For Gooshin, the prices here in UK do't relate the US prices unfortunately. its called "rip off Britain"

we always get a poor deal on consumer goods :-(

Anyway I have taken over 6500 images with my K10D, so still happy, inspite of the cost when I bought it (£600)

01-31-2008, 03:36 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Hey Gooshin — maybe try to increase the civility of and decrease the name-calling in your replies?

The £450 price for the body and kit lens equates to about $880 US, and you can get the body and kit lens for $110 less than that here. (And better than that a few weeks ago.) Still seems a bit high, but that's probably the difference between list and street price.
i'm not name calling anyone...

ever watch House?

its an open ended question used as a jest... if you people are going to take to heart every bit of profanity and off handed jabs... well i dont know, i want to say lighten up but you guys might take even that as an insult.
01-31-2008, 03:58 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I wont take anything to heart Gooshin, but you have opened a wound here in the UK about prices. I hate that we are always being taken for a ride over prices, and no-one (esp the gov't) won't do anything about it. They all seem to to think we are cash Cows. Now If I can go to the US and buy a K20D and sneak it back into the UK I would Love it. I know a friend of mine, has changed his 5D for a D300 with a 18-200 lens, in Tokyo recently as it was a darn site cheaper.

Now I am off my soap box, sorry for rant, nothing to do with gooshin. Now back to normal.....LOL (keep breathing iain) ;-)
01-31-2008, 04:01 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I tried watching it, but I'm amazed that any fellow Brits can watch House, it's extremely hard to visualise Hugh Laurie of various much-loved dopey classic Blackadder characters being a competent American (with accent and all) doctor. All credit to him for his professionalism though.

01-31-2008, 04:10 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SteveB Quote
I tried watching it, but I'm amazed that any fellow Brits can watch House, it's extremely hard to visualise Hugh Laurie of various much-loved dopey classic Blackadder characters being a competent American (with accent and all) doctor. All credit to him for his professionalism though.
I was watching Blackadder earlier in UKTV Gold, I know what you mean, but House is very watchable.

"permission to shout very loudly" when knowing about going over the top - Blackadder IV..... LOL
02-01-2008, 02:10 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hi Gooshin. No offence taken as Offertonhatter states it costs more for these products in U.K. k20 prices I quoted are manufacturers R.R.P. as published in photo mags over here i.e. Amature Photographer Mag. From experience these prices will not b e far off for the first six months or so from initial launch.
Cheers Josh.