Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2008, 01:31 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
K10 Selling Fast in U.K./Just Had Mine..WOW.

Hi All,
Just to introduce myself as a newbie and like many others I suppose have been waiting on the fence to purchase K10 or K20. Prices quoted for K20 body only in UK 900. I am sure this will be another great camera. However for 450 got new K10 with 18-55 lens. Price clinched it for me. K10 is becoming like gold dust in UK ,for past few days have tried many stores and web sites-all sold out and could not give any restocking dates.So come on anyone on the fence for K10 before its to late.
Cheers Josh.

01-31-2008, 03:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

900 GBP

are you insane? thats 1800 dollars, pentax isnt that stupid.

lets see some links.
01-31-2008, 03:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
900 GBP

are you insane? thats 1800 dollars, pentax isnt that stupid.

lets see some links.
Hey Gooshin maybe try to increase the civility of and decrease the name-calling in your replies?

The 450 price for the body and kit lens equates to about $880 US, and you can get the body and kit lens for $110 less than that here. (And better than that a few weeks ago.) Still seems a bit high, but that's probably the difference between list and street price.
01-31-2008, 03:34 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Thank goodness I have had mine since March Last year.

For Gooshin, the prices here in UK do't relate the US prices unfortunately. its called "rip off Britain"

we always get a poor deal on consumer goods :-(

Anyway I have taken over 6500 images with my K10D, so still happy, inspite of the cost when I bought it (600)

01-31-2008, 03:36 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Hey Gooshin — maybe try to increase the civility of and decrease the name-calling in your replies?

The 450 price for the body and kit lens equates to about $880 US, and you can get the body and kit lens for $110 less than that here. (And better than that a few weeks ago.) Still seems a bit high, but that's probably the difference between list and street price.
i'm not name calling anyone...

ever watch House?

its an open ended question used as a jest... if you people are going to take to heart every bit of profanity and off handed jabs... well i dont know, i want to say lighten up but you guys might take even that as an insult.
01-31-2008, 03:58 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I wont take anything to heart Gooshin, but you have opened a wound here in the UK about prices. I hate that we are always being taken for a ride over prices, and no-one (esp the gov't) won't do anything about it. They all seem to to think we are cash Cows. Now If I can go to the US and buy a K20D and sneak it back into the UK I would Love it. I know a friend of mine, has changed his 5D for a D300 with a 18-200 lens, in Tokyo recently as it was a darn site cheaper.

Now I am off my soap box, sorry for rant, nothing to do with gooshin. Now back to normal.....LOL (keep breathing iain) ;-)
01-31-2008, 04:01 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I tried watching it, but I'm amazed that any fellow Brits can watch House, it's extremely hard to visualise Hugh Laurie of various much-loved dopey classic Blackadder characters being a competent American (with accent and all) doctor. All credit to him for his professionalism though.
01-31-2008, 04:10 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SteveB Quote
I tried watching it, but I'm amazed that any fellow Brits can watch House, it's extremely hard to visualise Hugh Laurie of various much-loved dopey classic Blackadder characters being a competent American (with accent and all) doctor. All credit to him for his professionalism though.
I was watching Blackadder earlier in UKTV Gold, I know what you mean, but House is very watchable.

"permission to shout very loudly" when knowing about going over the top - Blackadder IV..... LOL

02-01-2008, 02:10 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hi Gooshin. No offence taken as Offertonhatter states it costs more for these products in U.K. k20 prices I quoted are manufacturers R.R.P. as published in photo mags over here i.e. Amature Photographer Mag. From experience these prices will not b e far off for the first six months or so from initial launch.
Cheers Josh.