Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2008, 01:44 PM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jimgar Quote
I found out about the cap in this thread:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/13678-cheap-white-balance-cap.html

It's still out there on ebay for $5 shipping included.
Thanks. 20 items found here

02-17-2008, 10:15 PM   #17

For really mixed lighting there's precious little you can do to get a "perfect shot"
here's what I do:
Recently I was at the St louis auto show, and in the Edward Jones dome the lighting is horrible, if you look up at the celing you can see that there's a random mix of Highpressure sodium (very yellow) and halogen (my guess) it's very white.
I shoot raw, and let the camera use auto white balance.
When I "develop" the pictures in ACR I have 2 controlls :color temperature I use to get close, and then color tint to take out any residual color cast. It takes a little work, the more you do it the better you get.
As best as I can figgure I'm correcting for the "dominant" light source with with the color temp. adjustment, and color tint corrects for the temperature of the "nuisance" light sources.
02-18-2008, 04:58 PM   #18

Levi, would you be able to do the same white balance correction with the Pentax software or Picasa? If it is, I'm sure its something I can figure out from the help file. I'm sure its a lot easier with ACR, but Photoshop is a bit beyond my current level.
Thanks in advance.