Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2008, 11:07 PM   #1

Hey, that's not my lens

I picked up a k10d and a DA 50-200 today after work and couldn't wait to get home and try them out. I popped the battery into the charger and read through a good portion of the manual while it charged up. When I first attached the lens, I noticed something was funny. While fully zoomed it looked about the same as my normal vision. I quickly realized that was because there was an 18-55 attached to my camera, not a 50-200. There was a kit lens in my 50-200 box!

I'll go ahead and assume this was an honest mistake by the camera shop, but it sure took the wind out of my sails (mostly because I have to drive there again tomorrow and explain this to them).

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Hmpf

01-31-2008, 11:13 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
I think, I know what they will answer to You...
But it's good that You didn't buy 31mm limited with a kit lens inside the box.

Good luck!
01-31-2008, 11:17 PM   #3
Pentaxian

It was probably a fraudulent return and they did not check the lens.
01-31-2008, 11:27 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
It was probably a fraudulent return and they did not check the lens.
that's what I figured, but it seems a bit silly to save a hundred bucks that way considering how much you're spending in the first place.

I'm just hope they don't think I'm the one doing it! Good think I only bought the camera body.

01-31-2008, 11:31 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Crooks are crooks. The store I worked at some years back found a 2.2 lb (1 kg) barbell weight in a remote-control starter box package ($59 or $99) .
02-01-2008, 01:24 PM   #6
Veteran Member

fraudulent return

I never had heard of "fraudulent returns" until about a year ago. I'd bought an iPod as a gift for my daughter at a local superstore, then I saw that, if I bought it from Apple, I could get her name engraved on the back. So I placed the order through Apple, and took the box I had back to the store where I bought it. It was still shrink wrapped. I was surprised when the returns clerk took a knife and cut the shrink wrap to get into the box. I protested that she didn't have to do that because I hadn't opened it, and the clerk explained that people buy things, open 'em, take the product out, replace the product with something that weighs the same amount, shrink wrap it again, and try to return it to the store for their money.

My jaw dropped.

Hope you get your lens problem resolved....

Will
02-04-2008, 09:53 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WMBP Quote
...the clerk explained that people buy things, open 'em, take the product out, replace the product with something that weighs the same amount, shrink wrap it again, and try to return it to the store for their money.

My jaw dropped.
Wow...