Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-13-2018, 09:54 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by DrawsACircle Quote
I bought this male M42 to female M48 adapter: Opticstar M42(M) to M48(F) Adapter.
Fits the Pentax K to T adapter nicely.
Now I just need the field flattener
This M48 adapter is attached on Pentax K standar T ring and then the M48 Flattner Reducer fits on it wright?

Thanks

10-30-2018, 09:16 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Antonio Andrade Quote
This M48 adapter is attached on Pentax K standar T ring and then the M48 Flattner Reducer fits on it wright?

Thanks
Antonio, if you have a TS Optics T2-PK adapter, you can replace the T2 part with the Baader M48-S52 dovetail ring - that's what I intend to do.

TS optics T2-PK adapter: Teleskop-Express: TS Optics T2 Ring f
Baader M48-S52 dovetail ring: Teleskop-Express: Baader M48 Filtergewinde Umkehrring mit S52 Schwalbenschwanz
10-31-2018, 12:23 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We had this topic recently in the astrophotograpy group Very short Pentax-K adapter solution - Astrophotography - PentaxForums.com

There seem to be two solutions:

QuoteOriginally posted by Pete_XL:
Like others I have had problems to reach the short 55 mm distance between the reducer and the sensor (there was a thread here but I don't find it anymore). I solved it by widening a standard Pentax-K/T2 adapter with a metal lathe and screwing in an M48 threaded adapter ring.

There possibly is a better solution: Teleskop-Express: TS-Optics ultrashort Adapter from T2 (M42x0,75) to Pentax and Sigma DSLR Bayonet

With that adapter they say you only loose 1 mm (instead of 14 mm or so with a standard Pentax/T2 adapter) to go on with a female T2 thread. For going on with M48 (2") on the telescope side this adapter (male T2/female M48) can be added: Teleskop-Express: TS-Optics Adapter von M48x0,75 auf T2 - kurzbauend. This would add another 3.5 mm to the optical path (4.5 mm total).

Besides the possibility to connect focusers with short sensor distances this solution may offer possibilties to use additional stuff like OAG, filter drawer, filter wheel etc. and stay within the recommended distances.

Important: You should inform yourself directly at the distibutor before buying in case I have made mistakes.

Cheers
Pete

And:

QuoteOriginally posted by DrawsACircle:
I just created my own PK- M48 adapter by removing the T2-PK dovetail ring and inserting an M42-M48 adapter into the PK part of the T2-PK adapter.
It fits ok, I just have to make three marks with a drill to ensure nothing falls apart.
But then I figured, there must be an adapter piece that somehow fits into the ø52mm PK part of the T2-PK adapter (after all, this is 'the' world of adapters). I hadn't seen your reply mentioning the Baader M48-S52 ring Peter. I found it as well, it turns out it's a perfect fit for my TS Optics PK-T2 adapter - fantastic!!!
Had I only known that the number of adapters in the fantastic world of Astrophotography matches the number of stars in the universe...

Teleskop-Express: TS Optics T2 Ring f

Teleskop-Express: Baader M48 Filtergewinde Umkehrring mit S52 Schwalbenschwanz
04-16-2019, 08:04 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TopherTheME Quote
I'm looking for a wide T-ring adapter for my K-5 that has 48mm threads (instead of conventional 42mm) and I can't find one. There somewhat easy to find for Canikon cameras but not for Pentax. Anyone have an idea where I could get one? I've looked everywhere.

If I can't find one for a Pentax do you think a Nikon might fit?

I have sources of a official Pentax m48 adapter on the way by this upcoming weekend. If true I'll point you and the rest of the group in the right direction.

04-17-2019, 02:56 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dr_who Quote
I have sources of a official Pentax m48 adapter on the way by this upcoming weekend. If true I'll point you and the rest of the group in the right direction.
That would be great Doc!
I did manage to make my own as described, but I had to make new metric threads in the PK part of the adapter, not so easy considering the thickness of the adapter ring.
04-17-2019, 08:00 AM - 1 Like   #21
Veteran Member

That would be great Doc!
I did manage to make my own as described, but I had to make new metric threads in the PK part of the adapter, not so easy considering the thickness of the adapter ring.

Think it's a safe bet now, William Optics sent me a photo that I got this morning so that's great

04-17-2019, 01:49 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Think it's a safe bet now, William Optics sent me a photo that I got this morning so that's great
It’s not listed on their web page yet, how did you get to know about the adapter?

04-17-2019, 03:48 PM - 1 Like   #23
Veteran Member

It’s not listed on their web page yet, how did you get to know about the adapter?
I emailed customer support asking why there was no Pentax adapter, even thou a couple scopes mention the brand, and they replied that it was coming this upcoming weekend and will be put on the webpage this weekend as well.
04-18-2019, 02:08 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the news.
Regards
Antonio
04-18-2019, 08:16 AM - 1 Like   #25
Veteran Member

Looks like they added it to the website earlier, the two different colours are available here:

48mm T mount for Pentax K -Red - William Optics

48mm T mount for Pentax K -Ti Gold - William Optics
04-18-2019, 01:55 PM   #26
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Looks like they added it to the website earlier, the two different colours are available here:

48mm T mount for Pentax K -Ti Gold - William Optics
Thanks for the notice - I just ordered mine. It will replace my homemade one referenced earlier in this thread.
I've been waiting for William Optics to get this done. I think that I originally heard about as an adapter for their new Zenithstar 61 APO telescope.

Last edited by TedH42; 04-18-2019 at 02:03 PM.
04-18-2019, 05:18 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TedH42 Quote
Thanks for the notice - I just ordered mine. It will replace my homemade one referenced earlier in this thread.
I've been waiting for William Optics to get this done. I think that I originally heard about as an adapter for their new Zenithstar 61 APO telescope.
Ordered one for myself as well as a zenithstar 73. I own a 115mm APO but going on a trip in the summer and want something that will be easier to transport
07-12-2019, 06:51 PM   #28

48 mm T-Ring for a pentax

Yes you can get a 48mm T-Ring for a Pentax at William optics

Last edited by Peterpentax; 07-12-2019 at 11:28 PM. Reason: no photo
08-13-2019, 12:19 PM   #29