Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #1

Where to get 48mm Pentax T-ring?

I'm looking for a wide T-ring adapter for my K-5 that has 48mm threads (instead of conventional 42mm) and I can't find one. There somewhat easy to find for Canikon cameras but not for Pentax. Anyone have an idea where I could get one? I've looked everywhere.

If I can't find one for a Pentax do you think a Nikon might fit?

09-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #2
Pentaxian

The T-mount is, by definition, 42mm x 0.75 tpmm. Anything else is not a t-ring.

Why do you need 48mm? I've never seen a lens with a 48mm threaded mount.
09-08-2012, 10:56 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
TopherTheME does not want T-mount, he/she wants T-ring, I believe it is for the telescopes.
possibly there:
CAMERA ADAPTERS for TELESCOPES & MICROSCOPES!
CAMERA ADAPTERS for TELESCOPES & MICROSCOPES!
T-Mount 48mm Ring Mounts | Edmund Optics
Don't you need a FF camera for those activities?
see at that:
A wide T-ring converts a SLR or DSLR camera mount to a wide-format T-thread. This wide (48mm) T-ring supports full 35mm format cameras. A wide format T-ring is needed for astrophotographic applications using a Canon DSLR or SLR camera and a focal-reducer / corrector lens. This larger than standard size, wide 48mm diameter T-ring supports full 35mm format Canon cameras. Not compatible with standard T-threaded accessories. Couples camera body to wide, 48mm T-threads on Focal Reducers for Orion ED80 and ED100 refractor telescopes. Compatible with wide format 48mm T-threaded accessories only. Not compatible with standard (42mm) T-threaded camera adapters.
Nikon F pre AI mount usually will mount on Pentax K , sometimes might need small trimming
09-09-2012, 04:24 AM   #4
Giveaway winner!

Photos: Albums
I was wondering if the 48mm is more standard as 2" adapter?

09-09-2012, 07:21 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I wonder if this M48 to T2 adapter would do the trick. The limiting ID is still the K-mount and as long as you have sufficient in-travel in the focuser, the extra 3.5mm thickness should not present an issue.
Teleskop Service M48 to T2 Adapter - Male to Male Thread - OPT Telescopes

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 09-09-2012 at 07:33 AM.
03-01-2017, 05:31 AM   #6
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TopherTheME Quote
I'm looking for a wide T-ring adapter for my K-5 that has 48mm threads (instead of conventional 42mm) and I can't find one. There somewhat easy to find for Canikon cameras but not for Pentax. Anyone have an idea where I could get one? I've looked everywhere.

If I can't find one for a Pentax do you think a Nikon might fit?
Awakening this old thread since i just ran into the same problem. Did anyone find a solution to this. M48-T2 adapter is not an option, i want to avoid any bottlenecks.
6 Days Ago   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lage Quote
Awakening this old thread since i just ran into the same problem. Did anyone find a solution to this. M48-T2 adapter is not an option, i want to avoid any bottlenecks.
I was searching for something similar and found this thread. I don't need M48, just some way to interface my K-1 to a telescope without vignetting. A typical t-ring blocks the corners of the full frame sensor. Some leads for you:

They don't mention what threads this product uses, but definitely wider than a standard t-ring. Maybe send them an email. Takahashi Wide Mount Pentax-K T-Ring - Buy Telescopes

This one combines the usual t-ring and 2" adapter, and is my top choice at the moment. 2" UltraWide True-2 Prime Focus Adapter - Telescope Camera Adapters | TelescopeAdapters.com

They also sell just the wide ring but I don't see it for Pentax Wide (48mm) Format T-Rings - Telescope Camera Adapters | TelescopeAdapters.com