Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-11-2012, 08:42 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think the K5II will be a fine camera but I don't think that it will hold up as the Pentax flagship for two years. The competition--the 7D and D7000 are both due for updates (I hear the D7000 has been discontinued) and I don't think the successors will simply throw in a new AF system and call it good. I feel that the K5 started turning some heads and building some momentum for Pentax, and I'd hate to see that squandered.

The K5II is lacking several features, so my guess is that we'll see a more advanced camera soon, but how soon...who knows.

09-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Berndsd Quote
LIGHT means that it will have the normal mf-sensor but probably less features and it might be less robust. I am pretty confident that this piece information true. I've heard it from a very reliable source. However, it a few days we will know.
Sure that this is not just the announced price drop of the 645D?
A cheaper 645D and a cheaper MF DSLR seems a bit much....