Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 25 Likes Search this Thread
09-12-2012, 04:03 AM   #46

Original Poster
ya know what....life is too short....
I have a wedding to edit....and people to see..
I've said my bit...here and on the Pentax Facebook page.
so will leave this now.....

09-12-2012, 05:02 AM - 1 Like   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dunc's Quote
It does seem that with in this forum you can only say nice things about Pentax.
If I feel let down by a very flat announcement after such a big build up, I have to bite my lip and cool it., otherwise I'll get stupid childish posts, or images...

As for leaving Pentax,...no, not yet...
I am changing the way how I work, the FF would have been perfect for the high ISO in ambient and natural lighting...
I love Pentax, been my working partner for years. Love the fact I can still use my older lenses on my DSLR......
I am not alone in wanting a FF.....if you dont want one, then fair play...but please leave me the right to say how unhappy I am without stupid posts in reply....we're all adults (I think), so act like it.
Now I see what you're saying.
It was just that in your original post, you worded it in such a way that you were the spokesperson some kind of movement.

Dunc's, no offence intended, but it was the fact that you addressed your personal matter with lots of "we" and "us".
Whilst, you have fair points, and others do share your opinions, FF hasn't been requested in the "thousands" like you wrote in your OP.

You're quite new here too, as a member at least, and there has been similar threads like this one over the years where someone has to make a whole new thread to show their dissatisfaction and disapproval about announcements and spec.

Hope you work something out, and this forum is generally a good natured one with excellent advice.
I'm sure with all your years in Pentax, you could offer a lot of your own advice here.
09-12-2012, 06:22 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
but I'm a bit perplexed as to why the K-5 IIs should be priced $100 more than the K-5 II in the USA, but £150 (over $220) more in Britain.
Cause everything technological has higher prices in Europe. So much for the Same-price-everywhere thing.
09-12-2012, 06:59 AM   #49
Veteran Member

Price in USA or Canada do not include tax. In Europe , if I could be wrong but in many countries, taxes are include in price

09-12-2012, 07:43 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Even taking tax and other factors into account, the difference in price between the two bodies should not be so much in Britain.
09-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #51
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
Price in USA or Canada do not include tax. In Europe , if I could be wrong but in many countries, taxes are include in price
And all prices of everything everywhere should include tax - since the customer has no choice but to pay the tax. It also makes it easier for the shop staff. They can work out how to price so that when tax is added the price ends up a tidy number, and there is no discussion about the real price (which includes tax).

And any customer who is eligible for a 'no tax' price can make their claims - but they are special cases - not the normal situation.
09-12-2012, 02:35 PM   #52
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
but I'm a bit perplexed as to why the K-5 IIs should be priced $100 more than the K-5 II in the USA, but £150 (over $220) more in Britain. As long as it stays that way, it's a deal-breaker for me.
I am planning to get a K5-II remove the AA filter with my pocket knife, and sell the filter on ebay for like $100, and voila I have a K5-IIs costs me $1100, haha I am smart. jumpurp

09-12-2012, 02:39 PM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cbaytan Quote
I am planning to get a K5-II remove the AA filter with my pocket knife, and sell the filter on ebay for like $100, and voila I have a K5-IIs costs me $1100, haha I am smart. :jumpurp:
When you find out that it no longer works I'll buy it off of you for $50!!!

Now that's even a better deal!
09-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cbaytan Quote
I am planning to get a K5-II remove the AA filter with my pocket knife, and sell the filter on ebay for like $100, and voila I have a K5-IIs costs me $1100, haha I am smart. :jumpurp:
False!
Your camera will not have the label "K-5 IIs" and will thus be a counterfeit.
09-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #55
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
False!
Your camera will not have the label "K-5 IIs" and will thus be a counterfeit.
A fine tip sharpie pen would do it, I'll be careful I am not drunk when writing "s" though..

Last edited by cbaytan; 09-12-2012 at 04:28 PM.
09-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #56

Seriously?

Half of what they have done in my mind IS LISTEN to their users by improving the af on the k5 which was what most people complained about in the first place. I agree with the post right after yours that said "dont let the door hit you on the way out". All I can say is wow, and good luck with your choice in Nikon. If you do, I'll bet you will still be dissatisfied. Good luck to ya though
09-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #57
Veteran Member

Pentax have just improved the best APS-C camera, bar none. Am I sad or disappointed? No!
09-12-2012, 10:15 PM - 1 Like   #58
Veteran Member

Pentax makes great cameras, but they are def in a rut right now. Everyone and everything is going FF, ya you may be a pro shooting APS-C today, but in a year or two it'll be utterly unprofessional to show up with a camera of that quality charging the prices that photographers charge, morally I could not do it knwing what I know about photography technology and its a slap in the face to the customer who wants bigger and better prints of there wedding day. FF is a must if you ever plan to be a pro, if you never have no plans on being a pro what pentax has now is just fine... but still a rip off compared to everyone else...
09-13-2012, 05:29 AM - 1 Like   #59
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bmonki Quote
Pentax makes great cameras, but they are def in a rut right now. Everyone and everything is going FF, ya you may be a pro shooting APS-C today, but in a year or two it'll be utterly unprofessional to show up with a camera of that quality charging the prices that photographers charge, morally I could not do it knwing what I know about photography technology and its a slap in the face to the customer who wants bigger and better prints of there wedding day. FF is a must if you ever plan to be a pro, if you never have no plans on being a pro what pentax has now is just fine... but still a rip off compared to everyone else...

Surely you are joking and you have obviously never been a pro. Professionals makes a living making meter sized prints from APS. The difference in quality between FF and APS is so small that it is not visible without close peeping in side by side prints of the same subject. Very few prints their wedding photos in several metre sizes....

Evrybody is not going FF. Sony have replaced their previous 24mp FF model and Nikon have made a competitor to Canon 23mp 5D. Thats it. $2000+ camera have less than 5% of the market and in a world in recession people are not suddenly going to spend more on cameras not at least because FF has gotten no cheaper.
09-13-2012, 07:47 AM   #60
Veteran Member

I just read an article in Reid Reviews regarding his thoughts on the K5 and possible improvements. He recommended Ricoh produce the K5 without an AA filter!!! This article is a few months old, written June 2012...Let's ask Reid about a possible full frame