Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 25 Likes Search this Thread
09-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by joe.penn Quote
D3x is near 2~3 stops better in ISO performance than the K5, shooting 12,800 on D3x is like shooting around 3,200 on K5... (The reason why I am waiting for a deal on a D3x - I will be picking up the k5IIs also)
I guess I am the oddball, I don't have the extra cash laying around to purchase a used D3x. If I did it certainly would not be a D3x. Oh yeah, probably not really fair comparing a $750 Pentax to a $3300 Nikon. Seems kind of unrealistic to me.

09-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
I hope your photography is more original than your comment.
09-11-2012, 05:52 PM - 1 Like   #33
Veteran Member

Heard it all before...blah, blah, blah.

Edit.

Last edited by mickey; 09-12-2012 at 05:01 AM.
09-11-2012, 05:52 PM   #34
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

There will be no further personal comments made, thanks everyone.
The forum is for sharing ideas and experiences, not to poke sticks at each other.

Disappointment is only curbed by contentment, or by lowering expectations.
If the K-5 doesn't meet your needs, there are multiple other options available. A little more money might be handy to consider them, though.

09-11-2012, 06:09 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by treebeard Quote
I guess I am the oddball, I don't have the extra cash laying around to purchase a used D3x. If I did it certainly would not be a D3x. Oh yeah, probably not really fair comparing a $750 Pentax to a $3300 Nikon. Seems kind of unrealistic to me.
Well, it's not a fair comparison as it is in general not a fair comparison to compare any FF sensor against a cropped sensor - I just answered your question:::

Your Question - What high ISO FF camera would be better than the K5?

09-11-2012, 11:59 PM - 1 Like   #36

Photos: Albums
Sad break ups with inanimate objects :-S
09-12-2012, 12:37 AM - 1 Like   #37
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I think people shouldnt be so hard on somebody that says they are leaving, The person isn't insulting you, If a person wants to leave, and has been a loyalist for 20years, they have the right to say it, without everybody kicking them whilst they are down.

To the OP, I understand your frustration, just as many many Pentaxians do, but Ricoh has only been involved for a year and what do we see, a huge range of new or updated products, and with entry level FF being on the agenda of all the other manufacturerers, Give PRIC another year and see what does come, I'm not holding my breath, and for the last 8 year never really thought Pentax was going to bring out a FF, but, For the first time in a great many years I actually feel its possible.

cmohr

09-12-2012, 12:59 AM   #38
Veteran Member

cmohr, you are right that there has been no personal attack, but I don't like the way that people craving FF think they are speaking for everyone.
And I quote:

QuoteOriginally posted by Dunc's Quote
But now it seems you have not heard any of us loyal user's...you dont seem to care about us and our views.
We have been posting on here and all the Pentax forums in our thousands for a Full Frame, and we were hoping the next announcements would be the one we all wanted, but all we got was an updated K5 !?
"us loyal users"
""us and our views"
"we have been posting in our thousands"

I think it's the general terms of "us" that isn't fair at all.

I just think we should all keep on taking photos and be pleased with the results.
09-12-2012, 01:44 AM   #39
Pentaxian

Sorry Pentax. You've let me down
"And I met someone else. We're in love! He's got bigger cameras. I hope you understand. We were far too young when we met..."
QuoteOriginally posted by psychdoc Quote
People are not leaving their spouse for a younger one.
Thanks for the reframing! Sometimes I feel like I'm reading lines from soap operas on PF
09-12-2012, 02:01 AM - 1 Like   #40

Aye, FF 645DII please Pentax!

35mm is for plebs.
09-12-2012, 02:57 AM   #41

Original Poster
It does seem that with in this forum you can only say nice things about Pentax.
If I feel let down by a very flat announcement after such a big build up, I have to bite my lip and cool it., otherwise I'll get stupid childish posts, or images...

As for leaving Pentax,...no, not yet...
I am changing the way how I work, the FF would have been perfect for the high ISO in ambient and natural lighting...
I love Pentax, been my working partner for years. Love the fact I can still use my older lenses on my DSLR......
I am not alone in wanting a FF.....if you dont want one, then fair play...but please leave me the right to say how unhappy I am without stupid posts in reply....we're all adults (I think), so act like it.
09-12-2012, 03:00 AM   #42

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam G Quote
Aye, FF 645DII please Pentax!

35mm is for plebs.

ooohhh...now ya just being silly....

Nice thought though...
09-12-2012, 03:32 AM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by joe.penn Quote
D3x is near 2~3 stops better in ISO performance than the K5, shooting 12,800 on D3x is like shooting around 3,200 on K5... (The reason why I am waiting for a deal on a D3x - I will be picking up the k5IIs also)
You have to subtract one stop ISO from FF to compare it to APS. That is beacuse you have to use one stop slower aperture on FF in order to get the same DOF as on APS. So then the difference is reduced to 1-2 stops....
09-12-2012, 03:35 AM   #44
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It does seem that with in this forum you can only say nice things about Pentax.
If I feel let down by a very flat announcement after such a big build up, I have to bite my lip and cool it., otherwise I'll get stupid childish posts, or images...
No, you have the right to be negative about Pentax, and others have a right to rebut your negativity with positivity. After all, what do you expect in a forum with Pentaxians?
You might have a more receptive audience if you posted the same negativity of Pentax on a Canikon forum.

I am not alone in wanting a FF.....if you dont want one, then fair play...but please leave me the right to say how unhappy I am without stupid posts in reply....we're all adults (I think), so act like it.
See above. Please don't condescend.
And I'd like a FF also, I'm just not fanatical about wanting it yesterday, nor will I criticise Pentax for not bringing out a desired product when I can photograph just fine with what they have provided us with thus far.
09-12-2012, 03:44 AM   #45
Veteran Member

I'd love to buy into a K-5 IIs (which, incidentallyI think will provide me with all the things I want for my particular style of photography) to go with my current K-5, but I'm a bit perplexed as to why the K-5 IIs should be priced $100 more than the K-5 II in the USA, but £150 (over $220) more in Britain. As long as it stays that way, it's a deal-breaker for me.