Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2012, 08:16 AM   #1
Veteran Member

I've sold my K-x

My K5 (mark one) arrives on Monday...

No way I will be able to afford to upgrade to a mkII but this is still a massive upgrade for me

Unfortunately, I no longer have a comic book collection... My adolescence it seems is truly over...

I got a used 'body-only' with a years warranty from SRS (UK company) and my K-x and 18-55 kit lens is sold to a friend (who's hubby also has a K-x)

09-14-2012, 08:21 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Don't come back crying when you start missing K-x! Hope you get a good copy of the K-5, enjoy it
09-14-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Get a focusing screen to go along with it and you will love it
09-14-2012, 10:56 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
Don't come back crying when you start missing K-x! Hope you get a good copy of the K-5, enjoy it
Note sure why OP would ever miss his K-x. I LOVED my K-5 upgrading from a K-x - it seemed a substantial upgrade in quality, and I much prefer the additional easily accessible controls. I am not arguing that the pictures are substially better, but for me the upgrade was totally worth it. I since got a backup K-x (second body) for travels, but I rarely use it, and continue to be surprised how much noisier it is. Hope to get a K-5 Mark VII so I can relegate my current K-5 to backup status, AND have similar controls ;-)

YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!

09-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Congratulations on the K-5. I replied to your Battery Grip thread with my experiences with both the Pentax and knock-off grips.
09-14-2012, 06:35 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Congratulations on your purchase Dave, and for making one more Pentaxian! You'll love the K-5. I don't even have one but I love it

and soon enough, you'll be looking for another K-x. You'll feel it too.
09-14-2012, 09:53 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HenrikDK Quote
Note sure why OP would ever miss his K-x. I LOVED my K-5 upgrading from a K-x - it seemed a substantial upgrade in quality, and I much prefer the additional easily accessible controls. I am not arguing that the pictures are substially better, but for me the upgrade was totally worth it. I since got a backup K-x (second body) for travels, but I rarely use it, and continue to be surprised how much noisier it is. Hope to get a K-5 Mark VII so I can relegate my current K-5 to backup status, AND have similar controls ;-)

YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!
Ever heard of something being said "tongue in cheek"

09-15-2012, 02:39 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Poor guy -first we tell him we hope he gets a good copy, and then we tell him he needs to get a focus screen and THEN he will love it. Just trying to make sure OP does not get buyers remorse ;-)
09-16-2012, 01:42 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
If it's a bad copy it's going back, my lenses are getting sold and I'll get a 2nd hand CaNikon and some glass ASAP... Maybe...

Sure it'll be fine...
09-17-2012, 07:31 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
First impressions are very good... Build quality is far superior to the K-x (and I still maintain that K-x build is high)... It feels really nice...

Only had a chance to take a few 'snaps' as yet but the level of detail captured appears to be much greater...

Really like that the top display shows howmany shots are left on the card (or is it the battery?)

Only gripes so far are down to me not knowing the layout and slight menu diferences etc (took me ages to set up the green button as I had it set on the K-x but cracked it)

Now I just have to get used to button positions (keep hitting the ISO button thinking its the Green one and the right arrow instestead of the ISO button!) as the layout is very different to the K-x...

Giving it a workout in the Gallery tomorrow as Yan and I continue with her 'Leap' project with the public!!
09-17-2012, 07:33 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Oh... And the viewfinder is MUCH better than the K-x... And focus indicators (absent in the K-x)... I'm spoiled!! :-)
09-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveHolmes Quote
Oh... And the viewfinder is MUCH better than the K-x... And focus indicators (absent in the K-x)... I'm spoiled!! :-)
Glad you like it. I have trouble using my K-x now that I am spoiled by my K-5 and all it adds to the photography experience.