Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Upgrade ;-)

Well, after nearly three years with my K-7, I've been giving a lot of thought to upgrading to a full frame Nikon system. That's a lot of coin though, and I have some financial priorities ahead of that. It'll happen, but probably not until next year. So to tide me over until then...

I just purchased a K-5. ;-)

Yeah yeah, quite late to this party, but I've gotten nearly three good years out of my K-7 and I have no intention of selling off my Pentax system when I go FF. I'm looking forward to the DR and the high ISO performance. See what all this hype was about.

High fives anyone?

09-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
HSV
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by v5planet Quote
Well, after nearly three years with my K-7, I've been giving a lot of thought to upgrading to a full frame Nikon system. That's a lot of coin though, and I have some financial priorities ahead of that. It'll happen, but probably not until next year. So to tide me over until then...

I just purchased a K-5. ;-)

Yeah yeah, quite late to this party, but I've gotten nearly three good years out of my K-7 and I have no intention of selling off my Pentax system when I go FF. I'm looking forward to the DR and the high ISO performance. See what all this hype was about.

High fives anyone?
Cheers!

I'm upgrading from two K20d's and two D200's to two K-5's. These little DSLR's pack a punch, lots of nice features and quality built in a small frame.
09-16-2012, 01:42 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations! I think you'll enjoy the upgrade.
09-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The bodies are same, the menus are little different, the IQ is a massive leap from K7. I believe you will have a blast.

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 09-16-2012 at 02:22 PM.
09-16-2012, 03:00 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats, smile....