Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
Veteran Member

So, when will we know that the Photokina announcements are final for Pentax?

I see Canon just announced their affordable full frame. Tomorrow is the first public day of the show. I would think that anything that would be announced at a show like this would be announced by the first public day of the show? Companies don't hold announcements for Day 2, do they? Do they have announcement events at the show that are scheduled?

I'm trying to figure out when we can stop waiting for the K-3 (or anything else) whether it's APS-C or FF at photokina. Thanks.

09-17-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I would say at the end of the last day.
09-17-2012, 09:14 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well the problem is that this is just one show, Pentax not making an announcement does not mean they will never make a camera again. Though, it would be a good business idea for them to announce something and i do hope they do.
09-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #4
Ole
Administrator

We talked with Pentax today (Monday) where the show was open for the press. It's our distinct impression that there will be no additional news for Photokina. My speculation is that the 8 new products that were announced last week were planned during Hoya's regime and that we will have to give the Ricoh ownership some more time before we see the next wave of products which then will have Ricoh's fingerprint.

09-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #5
Veteran Member

When the CP+ rumors start at full steam.
09-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

pentax traditionally has not made product announcements at the show. many come closer to christmas