Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think the other way because 26+ million lens legacy of Pentax.

IMO users of those 26M+ lenses deserve a better camera line-up, including at least one FF model. now look at the situation= 2 years old K-5, K-30, K-01 uses the same sensor Sony bestowed. No new model at photokina contrary to high FF expectations. I guess those 26+ lens users right about complaining woe-ing moaning even getting mad. More and more I start thinking Hoya experience did a pretty good damage to Pentax. That angry/negative people loves Pentax more than Hoya I believe. Better be Ricoh/Pentax read'em

10-04-2012, 12:45 PM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Two posters are responsible for 80% of the negative posts. People who come here daily specifically to bash Pentax should be shown the door, IMO.
10-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I too try to avoid the rumours forum.
I can't help think that the forum was to blame in some way...albeit indirectly.
Well, i mean, we still have posters believing and mentioning the "K-3" which was an April's Fool joke.
The lack of such a camera in a Pentax line-up certainly wound people up.
I think that it's the shape of the world we live in with so much choice, well for some of us with a disposable income.
And I think that it boils down to users who have cash to drop on cameras as soon as they're released, and others who have to do with what they have, and seem very content to do just that.

I bought a K-5 this Spring, and it took me all that time to save up for it.
I was, and still am, happy with my K10, whilst acknowledging its weak points, it will always performs well, especially in lowlight at ISO 100.

In my opinion, the complaints from people about the lack of a Pentax FF goes deeper than that.
I really believe it's an extension of one's personality to vent anger towards a camera company who they feel has done them a disservice.
For me, I have the opinion that the K-5 has more than enough in it to keep me happy for another few years, along with the K10.
I still have a lot to learn, and it's interesting to see that so many users can outgrow their cameras and just move on to something bigger and better as soon as it's released, or just switch to another company to get something that will make them a better photographer

It's a bit of a rant, and it might not make sense, but in a nutshell, it has little to do with the cameras, it's more a reflection of our personalities.

The whiners v happy campers.
10-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Actually what we need is a discussion forum, and a rant forum
Why not using the French forum for rants ? I think it would fit well.

10-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #50

Original Poster
Ha ha, but I only speak English. Rants and in French as well would be beyond me.