Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
09-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #31
mee
Veteran Member

on an aside of sorts (and back to the OP)

I get most of the moans on the forum in the news and rumors.. people have enjoyed the product line fpr 50 kabillion years and they want to keep enjoying the product line as long as possible. The problem occurs when the product line diverges from what some of us want it to be. I think that is the why for much of the FF whining and bellyaching. It doesn't mean Pentax is doomed. It doesn't mean they aren't going to continue to release products. They simply diverged from your desires.

The issue with this, however, is I strongly doubt Pentax really visits here so often to make note of these things. And they surely aren't saying "ok board room members, JoeUser of PentaxForums said, at 4:53 on Saturday and again at 8:21 on Wednesday, that he was going to ditch our product line for Canonikony if the FF isn't announced in the next 6 months and doom would occur for our company - QUICK, boys, release the FF before we lose him and our company! ALL of the work research and marketing did for the past year is completely and totally WRONG. JoeUser knows the way. Joe has a degree and we all know that trumps our knowledge and insight. We need to follow him instead of our educated, highly trained staff to maximize our profits and save our company!", followed by nods and agreement by the board room members.

This isn't a Kodak moment (see what I did there) and we either need to enjoy what is there or move on if we cannot. It is that simple, but that is a hard pill to swallow for some. Breaking up is hard to do. But it is for the best in the long run.

I encourage and implore those unhappy with the current Pentax lineup to go elsewhere. It is better for your health and better for ours. I mean this sincerely. Life is short, why wait indefinitely for something that may or may not happen?

09-24-2012, 04:32 PM - 2 Likes   #32
Site Supporter

Complaining customers are golden. The moment they stop, they indeed did leave...
09-24-2012, 05:16 PM - 1 Like   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
One thing that could be done is to separate out the News from the Rumours threads. No doubt they would be a little lopsided, but at least in the News threads people would be whingeing about something tangible.
That is not where the bulk of the negativity is.

Actually what we need is a discussion forum, and a rant forum, where we, the forum members at large decide if a thread is a discussion or a rant.
09-24-2012, 06:57 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Negative.
Ha i see what you did there

09-24-2012, 07:09 PM   #35
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
That is not where the bulk of the negativity is.

Actually what we need is a discussion forum, and a rant forum, where we, the forum members at large decide if a thread is a discussion or a rant.
That would be good, make the threads in the rant forum not show up on the "Latest Threads" feed at the side of the forum index too.
09-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Unfortunately, you're going to have to take responsibility for sorting the truth from the spin mode. ANYBODY can bad-mouth, or good-mouth, ANYTHING they wish on the web today for any reason they choose. Research and think for yourself.

Repeat that until you understand it.

I can only sympathize by noting that the same situation as the web applied when words/the printing press/radio/TV was introduced to public consumption. The truth, as you need it, has never been obvious or easy.

If you don't believe that, try to hire someone to tell you the TRUTH. Cary a lantern if you think that'll help.

H2
09-24-2012, 09:54 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Personal attacks and rudeness bothers me far more than rants. It's the reason I simply will never sign up on the dpreview forums, behaviour there of quite a few posters is atrocious.

Last edited by twitch; 09-24-2012 at 10:17 PM.
09-25-2012, 06:38 AM   #38
Pentaxian

Last night after reading this thread I went to Photo.net and there was a Nikon thread blasting that company for showing disrespect to its D300 users by not releasing an update model for those who do not want to go FF. My point is it is not only Pentax users, at least at this time that are angry at their company, Hasselblad owners even more so. As a photographer who perfers his film cameras I see three upgrade models if I so choose to do so and WP is the one reason that I may do so. It seems the belief that a company can only survive if most users upgrade on a constant basis and that might be some of the reasons for the demand for FF or a 24 Mp camera, so that current users feel compelled to buy a new camera every two years or less. I do not think this business model is substainable in the long run nor do I think that it is what the manufacturers are aimining to do now.

Richard, I liked you post and agree with it fully. The news and rumors threads have become uniformitive and combative and the suggestion to avoid them is one I will attempt to do. As do not expect any new releases anytime soon and am not in the market for a new camera this fall there is really no reason to read the constant arguement that producing an improved camera is an insult or the 'facts' that FF must be the best format possible. My own post in regards to the 360 degree camera had at least 6 likes so it seems that there are more than a few of us have grown wearsome of the negativeness that abounds. Thanks for starting this thread.

Jim: The R&P forum may not be any more relaxed but at least it was more varied than the news and rumours one. But I stopped going there too due to the tone of too many posters. Not yourself of course, well at least most of the time
09-25-2012, 07:13 AM   #39
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JoostW Quote
Complaining customers are golden. The moment they stop, they indeed did leave...
Dear Moderator, can I please "like" this post 5x?

Just kidding of course, but seriously, this is very true. When this many customers are complaining then there is lots of oppertunity for improvement and growth.
09-29-2012, 05:29 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Great great comments here, refreshing.
09-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #41
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
What was the phrase about bad workman blaming their tools.
09-30-2012, 03:59 PM   #42
Veteran Member

Whenever I get too depressed about the moaning and groaning and gear worship around here, especially all the full-frame stuff, I go to flickr and do a search on 'Pentax' and see what many people who have probably never been on Pentaxforums have actually been doing recently with their cameras.

Here's some cool Pentax users I looked at yesterday:

Flickr: mike cash's Photostream

Flickr: Daniel J Murphy's Photostream

Flickr: billgfoto's Photostream
09-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good idea, rawr. Taking photos is what it's all about anyway! I thought I'd mention though, Mike Cash is kind of a regular here at PF.com on the Takumar forums.
09-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Mike Cash is kind of a regular here at PF.com on the Takumar forums.
Aha. I didn't know that. He seems a cool guy.

I should also say I do regularly look at the 'Post your photos' area here too, and there are some great photos coming out of PF members there and elsewhere in the forum, for sure.
10-04-2012, 08:10 AM   #45

Original Poster
redrockcoulee.
Thanks for reading the thread, On another site, I checked the `neg` guys and found that they do not post many photos, if any.
Perhaps they would have a more positive approach if they pressed the shutter button more frequently.

kerrowdown `blame the tools` I once stuck a needle in my hand making a pinhole camera . The thing was too sharp !!!!!

rawr There is no doubt, a good dose of pictures and taking pictures is the best medicine.