Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2008, 01:20 PM   #1
Igilligan

Have I made the right decision?

After some long hard thinkin', I have decided to upgrade to the K20d.

Hi my fellow Camera Addicts - I have decided to upgrade

I have a K100d that I really have enjoyed using. I initially picked pentax for all of the reasons you all did. And I chose the K100d over the K10d because of cost (I was a cheapskate) and hi iso that I needed for shots of the kids indoors.
If I had known I was going to immediately get LBA and spend so much time and money searching for old lenses I may have just spent the extra $300 and got the K10d, but that is another story...

I have decided to upgrade to the K20d for the BF/FF adjusts, the pixel mapping, the hopefully much improved Hi ISO and all the other improvements.

I have decided that AUG 31 08 is my buy date. This will give me time to watch all of the successes, trials and tribs with the new camera before I buy one. And it should be at a good price/rebate point then.

I do appreciate all of the real world testing that you all will be doing for me. So I thank you now ahead of time.

Is this as good a plan as it sounds in my head???

-gus-

02-03-2008, 01:31 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Guess you will be learning from others and me then. Won't wait that long to get the K20D. Your upgrade plan makes sense to me - except the waiting part. Upgrading from the K10D.
thanks
barondla
02-03-2008, 11:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hey Gus!

I also expect to upgrade to the K20D. I really like my K100D, but there are features that I wished it had.

Pentaprism viewfinder, on body controls for metering, ISO etc. At the time that i bought the K100D, I did not know what I wanted in a DSLR body. After using the K100D for a while, I think i know have a grasp on what I need.

I might wait untill we see what pentax unveiles at photokina 2008 though. I really expect something big.

But then, I'm too cheap to shell out the cash for what I expect to see...

Back to the K20D, unless it turns out to have a critical flaw...I really look forward to using one.

Now if I could only address my adiction to buying lenses off ebay...I might be just that closer to a new camera body!

Eric.
02-03-2008, 11:32 PM   #4
Igilligan

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Guess you will be learning from others and me then. Won't wait that long to get the K20D. Your upgrade plan makes sense to me - except the waiting part. Upgrading from the K10D.
thanks
barondla
The great philosopher Thomas Petty once said: "The waiting is the hardest part"
And I do hope to learn from you... so keep me in your K20d loop

QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
Hey Gus!

I also expect to upgrade to the K20D. I really like my K100D, but there are features that I wished it had.

Pentaprism viewfinder, on body controls for metering, ISO etc. At the time that i bought the K100D, I did not know what I wanted in a DSLR body. After using the K100D for a while, I think i know have a grasp on what I need..
I was in the same boat... the K100d was my first Dslr, and I do like it a lot and dont regret it. But only after you actually have one do your realize what you may want/need that you had no clue about.

QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
Now if I could only address my adiction to buying lenses off ebay...I might be just that closer to a new camera body!

Eric.
Amen to that... Another lesson I was slow to learn. Two many cheap ebay lenses and not enough good glass. But I think I have a handle on it... well actually the vivitar macro in the mail may say differently but... I always wanted that one, so that is different
good luck with the K20 when you get it. I expect a full report.
-gus-