Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #31

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Dead pixel row

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote

Hello, i got a black "dead-pixel arrow" vertical line on my K20D sensor, body 3 years old and no more garanty.
The pixel-mapping function is of no efficiency with that problem....
Would any of you have encountered this problem / have any feedback on the way to solve it ?
I've never seen something like that before in either of the two k20d bodies I've owned. Sorry but I can't be of help here, that really sucks. I would contact Pentax and send them some examples of the problem. I would think the power to that entire row of photosites is out and may mean a total sensor replacement but I'm no electronics expert so take it with a grain of salt.

10-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
*istD with SMC (K) 300/4 + 1.7x AF converter

probably my favorite image of all time with the *istD. Shot using flash

10-07-2012, 11:16 PM   #33

QuoteOriginally posted by harleynitelite Quote
Great shots of your boy. I especially liked the second and third one down. I noticed you are from Mumbai, I'd love to see any city shots if you have any. I went to college and became friends with a woman from india and she would always bring in this awesome indian food she would cook that I still crave (that was 12 years ago).
Hey thanks and sorry for the late reply. Will look into what I have for the city pics...
10-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #34
Site Supporter

Thanks harleynitelite

*istDS + DA12-24mm

Last edited by Zygonyx; 10-08-2012 at 12:51 PM. Reason: syntax
10-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #35

This message is for Zygomyx: To be clear, are you referring to the line above the evergreen tree? If so, my question to you is, does the line always appear in the same location in every shot? If not, then I would suspect something simpler, but I will await your response before I give an alternative possible cause.

Max
10-14-2012, 01:17 AM   #36

Wow, seeing something like that makes me want to get a k200d too....Those are just simply amazing. After looking at that I have to check the rest of your stuff on flickr.
Thank you for the first contribution to the gallery!
Thank You

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Thanks. You put some good glass in front of any Pentax camera & it will more than hold its own! And the good glass doesn't have to be expensive. Look at the nice results LeGuillotine got with that old M-zoom & some extension tubes. The Cosmicar (rebadged Pentax A-lens) I used on my shots cost me a whopping $40.
Thank You, and that is true.

What type of extension tubes do you use? I would love to get a budget tube, any suggestions?
Some cheap Soligor "automatic" extension set. M40~80 is not good without extension.

LeGu
10-14-2012, 06:46 AM   #37

erm, couldn't link to flickr for some reason, and i can't edit my posts since i'm a fresh member. so i'll try and post them here hopefully it will work this time... Both taken with my K20D

West coast of Ireland, taken with the kit 18-55
Name:  IMGP1560.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  175.7 KB

Downtown Haifa, with my 28mm SMC-A f2.8
Name:  IMGP1662.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  139.7 KB
10-14-2012, 06:59 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Got it this time, Nadav! Nice shots - that's an unusual looking cat! In future just click the 'insert image' icon above where you type, and paste the image's URL in the box that comes up.

10-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #39
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by chevyt1963 Quote
This message is for Zygomyx: To be clear, are you referring to the line above the evergreen tree? If so, my question to you is, does the line always appear in the same location in every shot? If not, then I would suspect something simpler, but I will await your response before I give an alternative possible cause.

Max
Thanks for answering : yes, the line appears on all shots at the same place

This one is an old K20D shot made with FA*600/4 + TC Sigma x1,4, manual focus
10-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #40

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Thanks for answering : yes, the line appears on all shots at the same place

This one is an old K20D shot made with FA*600/4 + TC Sigma x1,4, manual focus
When was the last time you cleaned the inside of your camera? The line looks more like something on the sensor than dead sensor pixels. Pixel issues that I have seen usually show up as white or red spots. Now, keep this in mind I am not an expert but that is where I would start. Let me know if I am right or wrong. Hope that this fixes the issue.
10-19-2012, 08:52 PM   #41

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
My neighbor is nuts

The neighborhood squirrel has nuts hidden all over my yard.
Attached Images

10-19-2012, 11:42 PM   #42
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by chevyt1963 Quote
When was the last time you cleaned the inside of your camera? The line looks more like something on the sensor than dead sensor pixels. Pixel issues that I have seen usually show up as white or red spots. Now, keep this in mind I am not an expert but that is where I would start. Let me know if I am right or wrong. Hope that this fixes the issue.
Thanks for attention, but the line is straight when cropping, and visible though the entire sensor eight, sensor is clean and dead-pixel function doesn't work either.
10-20-2012, 05:49 AM   #43
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
"Old" cameras could produce the goods.

Here is a quick sample from my *ist DS with the FA28-105.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DS  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DS  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DS  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DS  Photo 
10-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #44

thanks ihasa!
back from a trip to berlin, had a few minutes to develop the first pictures... posting one here, maybe more will come later on.

Shot with K20D with pentax SMC-A 28mm f2.8
Name:  IMGP2003.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  151.0 KB

BTW
last time i just attached the images to the post as i was unable to add image via flickr, what am i doing wrong? or should i maybe use a different storage site? (i just signed into flickr so i can go to other sites...)

cheers
10-24-2012, 11:18 AM   #45
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by NadavPenn Quote

BTW
last time i just attached the images to the post as i was unable to add image via flickr, what am i doing wrong? or should i maybe use a different storage site? (i just signed into flickr so i can go to other sites...)

cheers
Take a look here for a tutorial on posting your Flickr photos: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/3280-tutorial-posting-ph...ckr-pbase.html

Taken with an *istD + DA35/2.4