Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Wich one of this series I made I should choose?
85 images made with 645D
none!

09-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The last time I read a piece on a photographer from the national geographic his weapon of choice was the Olympus E3. A good choice i thought. No doubt he will be using the E5 by now. Then again, most pros use there cameras until they drop dead. The camera that is lol
10-02-2012, 08:33 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteQuote:
So what is excactly the connection between New Jersey and those other fine Nations?
I looked at their FAQ.

New Jersey, Vermont - Those states do not allow operation of a skill contest that requires an entry fee. Please contact your local jurisdiction for further information.

Quebec - Running contests of broad geographical scope requires observing the regulations of all of the jurisdictions in question. The legal complexities of doing so make it prohibitive, if not impossible, to run competitions that are open to all jurisdictions, states and territories, in some instances. Restrictive laws in certain jurisdictions sometimes prompt their ineligibility.

Cuba, Iran, N Korea, Sudan, Syria - U.S. laws impose economic and trade sanctions against certain countries based on U.S. foreign policy and national security goals, and preclude residents of those countries from participating in the contest.

In answer to the original question, I too think most of these pictures could have been taken with just about any camera and a bit of skill. I could probably match several of them with a point and shoot, and could certainly match some of them with my K-x...and some are beyond my ability too I'm sure. I'd almost be willing to bet any film camera could do most of those shots too. I have no doubt my Minolta would get some shots capable of being submitted, one of Nat Geo's photographers used the same model (SRT 101 ) for many years. The problem would be getting a good enough scan..I don't think any scanner I have would do well enough to scan a shot good enough to submit. But I know the camera would do it...if I could...many SRT 101 pictures have been published in the 70's and 80's by the same camera in their magazine.

Last edited by Paleo Pete; 10-02-2012 at 08:42 PM.