Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
You may be right, but how does it perform compared to a full sized FF? Those are meant to be pretty damned fast. Is the Sony?
Sony RX1 do 5 FPS, which is the same as Nikon D600 (5.5 FPS) and Canon 6D (4.5 FPS). Low end FF DSLR is not ment to be very fast, they are cut down on specification to be cheaper.

09-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #17
Veteran Member

I think removing the LCD, particularly from a FF camera is a losing proposition. I often shoot promos for a local live theater. The directors often want to see the LCD views to assure they are on the right track. Also the rear LCD allows the photog to check sharpness, highlights for clipped shadows or overexposed highlights. I would not buy any digital camera without an LCD.
10-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by theperception2008 Quote
Well this even makes it even more possible that they have a patent for a revolutionary viewfinder. Focus peaking would allow precise mf and replace the need for a split prism focus screen. I think Pentax has all the resources, now with Ricoh at the helm, this could really be possible.

This should be a top question in the next interview.
10-02-2012, 11:13 AM   #19
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by GabrielFFontes Quote
If only Pentax could create a digitally enhanced optical viewfinder...something like a projected focus-peaking, projected horizon, etc etc.! .
Why did you stop there? How'bout a viewfinder which also recorded images can be projected for evakuation as a replacement of back LCD? (BTW I would super-glue such a camera to my eye)

Obviously dreaming an FF for a long time developed Pentaxians' fantasizing power a lot.

10-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cbaytan Quote
Why did you stop there? How'bout a viewfinder which also recorded images can be projected for evakuation as a replacement of back LCD? (BTW I would super-glue such a camera to my eye)

Obviously dreaming an FF for a long time developed Pentaxians' fantasizing power a lot.
Sure, this could be used too.
It probably won't be perfect, due to some contrast loss or something like that, but it would still be AMAZING!
10-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Removing the LCD from the back wouldn't (shouldn't) make any significant difference in the size of the camera. My whole phone, which apart from the touch sensitive display has also the main electronics board, the battery and the back case is only 9mm thick, and 6 of those mm are the battery. In other words I see no reason why the LCD should add more than 3mm to the depth of the camera, especially if they put an AMOLED screen instead of a TFT LCD. An AMOLED screen is about as thick as two sheets of paper and it is only the Gorilla glass that protects it that is of any significant thickness, typically between 0.75 and 3mm depending on how tough you want it to be. The electronics for it do not need to be sandwiched behind it (as would of course need to be on a smart phone). In other words the display actually needs to be no thicker than the actual material of the case it would substitute.

I think in Pentax cameras what makes the camera deeper than other brands is probably the SR mechanism. I'm quite sure that making a moving sensor would need some additional thickness for the suspension, the magnetic coils, magnets and all that. That said I would not even want to think of removing in body stabilisation just to save a few mm of camera depth.