Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2012, 10:13 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just don't see where the OP is coming from here, if he does not want APS-C, wants full frame, but then plans to use full frame lenses on a sub APS-C sensor what is the whole point.

since there is no hard committment from ricoh pentax at this point to go full frame ever, why not just get a really good bridge camera until you decide what system you are going to buy into.

I think you have probably taken a big hit selling off your lenses unnecessairly.

10-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #17
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We had a close look at the Ricoh GXR at Photokina. It has a lot going for it, hereunder being very responsive and having an excellent (optional) electronic viewfinder. The P10 module mentioned, however, is basically a point and shoot module with a small sensor but at the price quoted it is a good deal. The GXR body alone almost costs as much. The good thing is that the GXR is expandable. A Leice M module (with a 16 MP APS-C sensor) plus a K-mount adapter can be had (but is expensive) and then K-mount lenses would work on the GXR albeit in manual focus. The size, of course, wouldn't exactly be compact in that setup. Which brings me back to the K-5 with a FA 20 - 35 mm lens...
10-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
We had a close look at the Ricoh GXR at Photokina. It has a lot going for it, hereunder being very responsive and having an excellent (optional) electronic viewfinder. The P10 module mentioned, however, is basically a point and shoot module with a small sensor but at the price quoted it is a good deal. The GXR body alone almost costs as much. The good thing is that the GXR is expandable. A Leice M module (with a 16 MP APS-C sensor) plus a K-mount adapter can be had (but is expensive) and then K-mount lenses would work on the GXR albeit in manual focus. The size, of course, wouldn't exactly be compact in that setup. Which brings me back to the K-5 with a FA 20 - 35 mm lens...
Thanks Ole.
Among all the cameras I listed above, I think Ricoh should be the one, except the DLSR-like price. And also the combination setup of both sensor & lens, somehow makes it seems to be a little bit crazy---if the lens broke, what can I do with the sensor?
and of course, 20-35 is the best
10-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Purchased the RX100 for work recently - very nice IQ and always in the pocket and lots of extra features i don't have on the K20

Mostly a stop gap for me until next year when I decide on the next DSLR from Pentax: 5DII or...

10-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi guys,
Finally! after moving back and forward for almost two weeks....
I bought a used Pentax Q from a PFer.
quite nice deal for me lol
Let's see how things going with this baby!!And thank you all for your pushes---or, different ideas. really appreciated those.
Best,