Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2007, 08:28 PM   #16
Veteran Member

the other odd thing about the pic is the iso at 800.. the camera would not pick that if flash was being used so close.. i cant see any logical reason why the user would either..

trog

01-02-2007, 08:30 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Jon, when I right click and select properties all I get is the photo size url etc. No exif, no "advanced" just the "general". I'm running XP pro. Tried to dl a reader and that didn't work either.

NaCl(scratches head)H2O

sorry , i shouldve elaborated more...when u right click, select properties, and the properties pop out, select the summary tab...once you do that this should pop out

if you dont see that, you should see a button that sez advanced..just click on that and the whole thing should pop out...done it on any win xp pro or win xp home edition pc i've been on
01-02-2007, 08:32 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by foxglove Quote
Hm, interesting - I don't recall any advanced option before I downloaded the plugin, but that probably doesn't mean anything! Seems like you see more exif than I do, too - you mentioned Use.. needs to update firmware, I don't see that info.

Julie
heh..it showed, what firmware version she was using...(version 1.00)
01-02-2007, 08:52 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by -=JoN=- Quote
sorry , i shouldve elaborated more...when u right click, select properties, and the properties pop out, select the summary tab...once you do that this should pop out

if you dont see that, you should see a button that sez advanced..just click on that and the whole thing should pop out...done it on any win xp pro or win xp home edition pc i've been on
Jon - the only time I've been able to pull this off is when I save the picture to my desktop first, then right-click on it then properties. Julie are you trying to do this straight from your browser?

Also was this exif from her picture?! I didn't check but if so - wow! Lucky girl - She mentioned a K110D in her original post. Now I'm wondering if I was giving her the right directions to navigate her camera?

01-02-2007, 08:54 PM   #20
Veteran Member

oops..forgot....i did drag the image to a local folder and not on the browser itself....

and thats MY exif..not hers....LoL
01-02-2007, 08:59 PM   #21
Veteran Member

this is her exif

01-03-2007, 04:56 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Jon. No summary tab, no advanced box. Just the "General" tab. Will post a screen shot when I get home. I see all that stuff when viewing my own jpegs, but not anything from the net.

NaCl(maybe I forgot to make an offering to the windows god)H2O
01-03-2007, 05:01 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for the tip Trog! Will try irfanview when I get home...well after my moonrise shots anyway. Gonna bring my compas this time so I don't hafta move my tripod around!

NaCl(stupid moon moves around too much when rising)H2O

01-03-2007, 05:38 AM   #24
Inactive Account

Just thought you might like to see the shot pp a little.

It's a nice shot and I think if you would be shooting in RAW and do some PP work you would get better results. But that's just MY opinion. I have found at times with using a manual lens and flash unless you bounce the flash you get severe banding from the excess amount of light you have just put into the shot. It will either band or it will wash the shot completely. In a low light situation I find using a lens with f1.2 or 1.4 and no flash will give you a picture you can then pp and add your fill light and adjust your highlights and shadows to your liking but you will not lose the shot. If your using a flash with manual lens never shoot with the flash in the 90 degree position bounce the flash from 180 degree or even aim the flash away from the subject. All you really want is enough light to get the picture.

Good shooting.
Cheers: David
01-03-2007, 07:05 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
Julie are you trying to do this straight from your browser?
Yup - it's a firefox plug-in, handy for sites like this. Right click on an image in a thread, and there it all is. I found out about it over at dpreview, if you do a search there on "exif reader" you might find out more. If the search function is working...

Julie
01-03-2007, 07:54 AM   #26
Veteran Member

The orig is way underexposed... Anyways how about ferret in a spotlight, low banding
01-03-2007, 08:35 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
Jon - the only time I've been able to pull this off is when I save the picture to my desktop first, then right-click on it then properties. Julie are you trying to do this straight from your browser?

The Exif Viewer plug-in for Firefox can be gotten here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3905/

It's great, especially if you frequent forums like this one.

Will
01-03-2007, 11:48 AM   #28
Veteran Member

"It's great, especially if you frequent forums like this one"

yes i always used to "right click save image as" before i discovered it..

but it dosnt always work even when the exif info is there.. i dont know why as yet..

trog
01-03-2007, 05:26 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Hi Jon. No summary tab, no advanced box. Just the "General" tab. Will post a screen shot when I get home. I see all that stuff when viewing my own jpegs, but not anything from the net.

NaCl(maybe I forgot to make an offering to the windows god)H2O
weird..never had a problem w/ that ever....
i did that to 3 pc's @ work, my laptop, a spare dell box i have and my mom's pc, and all showed the exif...

(forgot to mention, I did sell my soul to Bill Gates...I needed money at the time and...... )

dunno...dragging and dropping the image to an open folder I have is not so bad....takes me a few seconds to drag, right click, and check exif....

just delete image later on...