Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
I'd say so.

After all, the guys who may have worked on your Spotmatic at the time are probably long retired now. Or gone to the great camera repair shop in the sky. Forgive and forget.
If you want slow and painful try canon.

10-30-2012, 02:00 AM   #17
Veteran Member

I have had good experience when I used them... adjusted focus problems on K5 and tightened the barrel wobble on my FA31.

Both came back excellent

They took a while though... and no wonder as the guy chatted to me for around 30 mins on various pros and cons.
10-30-2012, 02:16 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I found out about the 0-ICK sensor cleaner on this forum and contacted them asking if they had it. "Yes". So I organised an invoice, that took a while, then paid and received it promptly. Came in a grossly oversized box, no risk of damage. Did wonder if the shipping charge was higher than it needed to be. A box big enough to ship a camera body safely, and it was a tiny product - a pen size object in a plastic box. Still, rather cheaper and faster than if I had bought at B&H and shipped half way around the world, and I feel good about patronising the local supplier - after all, how else can we keep their business viable than by buying their goods and services..
10-30-2012, 03:47 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Well ok this has taken a bit of a negative spin.
Got a call Monday morning:
CR Kennedy: "Hi, Just wanted to let you know that your camera is finished and available for pickup today. We are only charging for a clean"
Me: "Sure no worries I will try to get in tonight or tomorrow to grab it."
(it's about 30 minutes drive from where I live)

I get there Today (Tuesday 4:30pm)
Me: "hi guys just hear to pick up my pride and joy"
CR Kennedy: "Sorry it's not finished yet. We realised Just after we rang that there was another lens to have focus adjusted. It won't be ready until Tuesday next week at-least"

What a PITA!

I know they make mistakes but the least they could have done was call me back to tell me not to come in.
Then if they stuffed me around I would have thought they would have prioritized it to be done this week.

*Sigh*... I hope they do a good job to make this running round worth it.

10-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #20
Pentaxian

You guys on that side of the ditch are so lucky having a professional outfit like CRK as importer.
I wouldn't take a toaster to the NZ clowns...
11-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
You guys on that side of the ditch are so lucky having a professional outfit like CRK as importer.
I wouldn't take a toaster to the NZ clowns...
Lol nice way to put it.

OK so I FINALLY got my camera back, but in summary they need to work on their customer service a bit. Here is a documentation of the experience for anyone interested.

1. 12-Oct-2012 Dropped off Pentax K-7, FA 77 and FA 31 for clean service and focus adjustments was told it should be about 10 working days.. So about the 25-Oct-2012. I told them my partner was going overseas on 9-Nov-2012 and I was hoping to send this body with her since it has a higher shutter count and has all the screen protectors etc, and they say yep no worries it will be done well before that.
  2. 29-Oct-2012 @ 10:30am Get a call from CR Kennedy saying your camera and Len's are ready for pickup, I told them I would be in the next day to grab it.
  3. 30-Oct-2012 @ 4:30pm Show up to their service center about a half hour away (an hour in traffic). Get the response that it wasn't ready as they realised there were 2 lenses with it. Which they even said they realised the day before, after calling me, that this was the case. Yet no phone call telling me not to come. I was then told it would be ready the following Tuesday 06-Nov-2012.
  4. No calls by the 8-Nov-2012 so I gave them a ring to see whats happening, and the guy on the other end says he'll go check with the service department and call me back. No Call.
  5. 9-Nov-2012 @ 2:30pm Still no call so I ring them back, get a different guy he says it was ready yesterday.
So needless to say, they got the camera back to me by the 9-Nov but my partner had already packed her stuff in the car and we were on our way to the airport when I got it.
The workmanship: seems to be excellent, the body is clean and the lenses focus dead-on from my quick tests.
The Cost: $80 AUD + 10% GST = $88.00 So in my opinion that is a reasonable price so the quality of work they did, but they do need to work on their customer service.

Would I go back? Yep, but if I was in a rush I might reconsider.
02-12-2014, 06:56 PM   #22
Forum Member

I'm in a rush now. I need my camera for my holidays from next Saturday and I still haven't had it fixed after 3-weeks being there. Seems they are waiting for some calibration software to calibrate my K3. Never heard of it before. I thought it was all mechanical adjustments they need to make.

02-13-2014, 02:38 AM   #23
Veteran Member

What a bummer.

I've had several dealings with the service dept.over the past year or so and they have been excellent.
02-13-2014, 03:49 AM   #24
Veteran Member

CRK have an office in Sydney. If you need a loaner, perhaps they can help out.

I assume you mean you are going on holidays in 2 days time. I could lend you an *istD. How long will you be away?

Last edited by p38arover; 02-13-2014 at 08:14 PM.
02-13-2014, 04:01 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My recent Experience with CR Kennedy hasn't been so good , I dropped off my "New" sigma 70-200 F2.8 HSM lens to the camera store I purchased it from to have the Focus hunting issue addressed and have it calibrated by the CRK , mind you it took a few weeks to get the lens back , however when I got it back there was a very noticeable 'Nick' on the front element of the lens and also one on the rear. it doesn't affect the image at all but the point is that wasn't the condition of my new lens prior to having it calibrated.