Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2008, 10:02 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cleaning Of Focusing Screen on K10D

I have cleaned the focusing screen on my K10D on a number of occassions with no problems. This afternoon, when I opened the trap door that holds the screen, and removed the screen for cleaning, a small copper O ring fell out on the table. For the life of me, I have no idea where it came out of and where it goes. I note on a previous post in this forum that this is not an uncommon occurence when you clean your screen. Can anyone tell me where it goes and how to put it back in. I closed the trapdoor/frame that houses the focusing screen and the camera appears to operate okay however, I know that O ring washer/gasket performs some function and is required to go back in the camera. I do not want to harm my camera by operating it without the O ring. Am I doing that? Any assistance would be appreciated.

02-10-2008, 05:51 AM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by Mapleleaf-Mick Quote
I have cleaned the focusing screen on my K10D on a number of occassions with no problems. This afternoon, when I opened the trap door that holds the screen, and removed the screen for cleaning, a small copper O ring fell out on the table. For the life of me, I have no idea where it came out of and where it goes. I note on a previous post in this forum that this is not an uncommon occurence when you clean your screen. Can anyone tell me where it goes and how to put it back in. I closed the trapdoor/frame that houses the focusing screen and the camera appears to operate okay however, I know that O ring washer/gasket performs some function and is required to go back in the camera. I do not want to harm my camera by operating it without the O ring. Am I doing that? Any assistance would be appreciated.
Also the K100d has it: you simply put that over the focusing screen and close the trap.