Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2012, 11:15 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums

In 1980, after several years of playing with a completely manual range finder 35mm camera, I had saved some part time job money.

Tired of of trying to judge exposure by holding my hand out, looking at the shadow and comparing what I saw to the tables in the paper instructions in each roll of Kodak film, I bought my first SLR... a Pentax MV.

Fast forward a few years... a motor winder, an itchy trigger finger, an expensive weekends at an airshow and the advent of digital photography made it time to hang up my film body.... but the early years of digital point and shoot were less than satisfactory to someone raised on Kodachrome and, "...accidently exposed at ASA100, please adjust processing.."

Now after many years (dear God am I really 50 this year?), I have returned to the Pentax SLR fold after dubious flirtations with ever increasing pixel count imitators of real photography. I find myself not really pushing my camera (K-r) to it's limits while stretching my own and lusting after the newer better bigger faster more advanced model of the following product year.

Any idea what the trade in value of a good condition K-r is against a new K-30?

11-03-2012, 12:36 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I presume this isn't a competition entry, so moved to the appropriate section of the forum. Please check where you are posting new threads!
11-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

You can usually get a better return on a used camera selling it used rather than "trading it in." However, if you really want to trade in (I have done that a few times,) check on B&H Photo or Adorama websites, navigate to the "Used" page and you will find a trade-in value estimator tool to calculate what they will offer you for your used gear. Both are fair if not lavish in what they will pay.
11-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ihasa Quote
I presume this isn't a competition entry, so moved to the appropriate section of the forum. Please check where you are posting new threads!

Thanks... my mistrake.

11-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by abmj Quote
You can usually get a better return on a used camera selling it used rather than "trading it in." However, if you really want to trade in (I have done that a few times,) check on B&H Photo or Adorama websites, navigate to the "Used" page and you will find a trade-in value estimator tool to calculate what they will offer you for your used gear. Both are fair if not lavish in what they will pay.

Thanks for the info. My last post was a bit tongue in cheek... and although B&H (etc.) might be good options to consider, getting things back and forth across the border can be a bit of a pain.\\

Regards