Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
11-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #76
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
Yes. that was my intention but look what happened to my signature!
LOL...sadly, your story is very typical amongst LBA sufferers.
But there are different flavors of LBA. Some people with LBA lust after any glass less than 10 bux. Others only lust over top shelf varieties.

11-05-2012, 05:32 PM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
LOL...sadly, your story is very typical amongst LBA sufferers.
But there are different flavors of LBA. Some people with LBA lust after any glass less than 10 bux. Others only lust over top shelf varieties.
Which flavour of LBA do you have?
11-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #78
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Which flavour of LBA do you have?
Oh man I got a bad case of macrotitis
Reversing rings, focus stacking, rails and stages...what have I got myself into
11-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #79
Veteran Member

A very small world. Enjoy!

11-06-2012, 08:22 AM   #80
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Fun, that's what you've gotten yourself into. And the old enlarger lenses are so very cheap too. With those, you can still get top quality glass for under $10.

Untill you discover how to mount microscope lenses on your Pentax DSLR though... Then it starts costing money again.
11-06-2012, 08:32 AM   #81
Veteran Member

I have decided to sell most of my Pentax gear and invest into Leica M-mount glass and Ricoh GXR system. I will be keeping K-5, several lenses and a flash so that my daughter could keep shooting and so that I could shoot when DSLR abilities are useful. Other than that, my plan is to buy few Leica M-mount lenses since I think that I would be able to switch cameras (say, presently the choices are Ricoh GXR, Sony NEX, Olympus and Panasonic m43 offerings, Samsung) without having to sell and re-buy lenses.
06-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #82

On replacing my K5 with a K5ii or K5iis

I've looked into it but I'll wait to see what Pentax comes out with next. If I like what they come out with I may buy that. If not I'll take the K5IIs. The D7100 from Nikon clearly has better resolving power in tests than the K5iis. And if history may repeat itself should Pentax use that sensor with the K5 body and upgraded electronics it would definitely get my upgrade dollar.

07-01-2013, 06:43 AM   #83
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Boris Quote
I have decided to sell most of my Pentax gear and invest into Leica M-mount glass and Ricoh GXR system. I will be keeping K-5, several lenses and a flash so that my daughter could keep shooting and so that I could shoot when DSLR abilities are useful. Other than that, my plan is to buy few Leica M-mount lenses since I think that I would be able to switch cameras (say, presently the choices are Ricoh GXR, Sony NEX, Olympus and Panasonic m43 offerings, Samsung) without having to sell and re-buy lenses.
Yes, this seems to be the trend nowadays. Being able to use the same high quality lenses on several different brands/cameras/formats has a lot of appeal. You can still buy lenses that last a lifetime, but cameras however (including their mount systems) won't last that long anymore.

Last edited by Clavius; 07-04-2013 at 02:05 AM.
07-04-2013, 01:51 AM   #84
Veteran Member

I just read this thread and, for a few moments, I got caught up in some posts from October last year, thinking they were current. It's tragic really as people were pondering whether to buy the K-5IIs or wait for the 'soon to be announced K-3". I'd love to know what everyone did.. what their choices ended up being. It's now months later and that 'STBA K-3" hasn't materialized.... you can only wait so long though.
07-04-2013, 02:09 AM   #85
Veteran Member

I just read this thread and, for a few moments, I got caught up in some posts from October last year, thinking they were current. It's tragic really as people were pondering whether to buy the K-5IIs or wait for the 'soon to be announced K-3". I'd love to know what everyone did.. what their choices ended up being. It's now months later and that 'STBA K-3" hasn't materialized.... you can only wait so long though.
I'm still hanging in there, waiting for the next Pentax release. I don't know if I would have been able to do that if Pentax was the one and only system that I shoot with.

With the latest releases I thought they were making a statement. They seemed to be building up to something: A new mirrorless, new lower tier body, new medium tier body... I thought: "Yes... Go on, don't stop now..."
07-04-2013, 05:01 AM   #86
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
I would buy a K-5 IIs, especially after seeing the tests Ogl linked, but I am hoping for a K-3 announcement at CP+. I'm not interested in FF right now.
It's tragic really as people were pondering whether to buy the K-5IIs or wait for the 'soon to be announced K-3". I'd love to know what everyone did.. what their choices ended up being.
Still waiting. Since I posted the above last fall, I bought a K-01 and Q system. I will buy the K-3s (K-5 IIIs?) when it arrives. I expect it will be out in the fall, and the price will drop in time for Christmas.

Still not that keen on FF. I don't want a FF DSLR, APS-C is better for my DSLR needs. I would consider a FF MILC in a couple of years.

Last edited by audiobomber; 07-04-2013 at 05:07 AM.
07-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #87
Veteran Member

Thanks for taking the time to answer my post guys.

I'm wondering how a FF Nex camera might be received by Pentaxians with an adapter. I heard yesterday that Sony is field testing a FF Nex at the minute.
07-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #88
Pentaxian

I'd love to know what everyone did.. what their choices ended up being.
I originally planned to await the K-3 announcement to make a decision between K-5 II and K-3, but did not want to wait any longer after the K-3 launch was delayed.

I applaud Pentax for delaying the K-3 but I had some nice shoots where I felt that the K100D was hindering me a bit with its noise and AF that stops working in certain conditions.

I'm very happy with my K-5 II now and will most likely skip the K-3 to get the FF model.
07-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #89
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Thanks for taking the time to answer my post guys.

I'm wondering how a FF Nex camera might be received by Pentaxians with an adapter.
Not a lot of interest here. I'll wait to see what Pentax is doing. I can't see using two unrelated systems.
07-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #90
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
I can't see using two unrelated systems.
+1 I read about lots of people with multiple brands and while in some ways that makes sense (right tool for the job), it is not for me. I get confused enough with just using one brand much less trying to learn another.

If I ever find that Pentax no longer works for me it will be a clean break, sell all the gear and start over. But I don't think that will happen.