Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2013, 06:48 AM   #91
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
I just read this thread and, for a few moments, I got caught up in some posts from October last year, thinking they were current. It's tragic really as people were pondering whether to buy the K-5IIs or wait for the 'soon to be announced K-3". I'd love to know what everyone did.. what their choices ended up being. It's now months later and that 'STBA K-3" hasn't materialized.... you can only wait so long though.
Well I have been back and forward about changing my camera setup over the past years several times. Thinking off Canon 1D Mark IV, Nikon D3s, Nikon D800, D600, 6D or any options. Most off the time lacking the money to make the change and have a full set off equipement, as I have now.

So I sold my black K-5 and bought a K-5 II. I have a good set off lenses (10 to 300mm) and 4 camera's (K-01, K-5 and K-5 II). I know all my equipment from front to back, so no surprises there. I sometimes (did in the last week, for a video over the Australian soccerteam Westfield Matildas!!!!!!) go out like a mule packed with everything that I own. Only new this year is the 10-17mm fisheye, since the rest is from last year or older.

I can still do everything that I need. Last wednesday there was a huge discussion about an image I published during an international soccergame between The Netherlands and North-Ireland that I made during the game and published online within 2 minutes. It had to be removed from the webside (not mine, but a general womenssoccer site), so went to a newspaper. They got a lesson from our national soccerleague representative and where afraid to publish. The image will come in some time, but not in this stage, since the news is off it and I can enter it to a photo competition in due time. For all the Canon/Nikons on the field, still it was me with my K-01 and FA*85mm that made the only really newsimage that evening.

Knowing your equipement is more value then buying the latest.

My most used set:
- K-5 Silver Limited Edition with either DA*300mm or FA*85mm
- K-01 yellow with either FA31mm or FA*85mm.