Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2008, 06:15 PM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
that looks interesting, heather. Could you please post a review and some photos when you've received and install? much appreciated!

02-13-2008, 02:28 PM   #17
Inactive Account

nope, it's not available anymore
02-14-2008, 01:22 AM   #18
Inactive Account

I have the Giotto's LCD Protector on my K10D that I bought from Samy's. I found the quality to be very high. The size is damn near perfect with the actual LCD. Clarity is high, it doesn't interfere with the viewing angles and for me, it actually cut down on the glare when viewing pictures. Plus, it's thick and solid, so it would protect against minor dings without a problem.
02-14-2008, 03:41 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hwblanks Quote
Once I get my K10D, I definitely want to put an LCD screen protector on it. I found the following at B&H:
Giottos | SP8251 AEGIS Professional Glass Optic Screen | SP8251...snip...
Heather, thanks for calling the AEGIS to my attention. I'd temporarily been using plastic PDA screen protectors on my K10D while I looked for something better. I think you found what I've been looking for–tempered glass with multi-coating, yay!

02-14-2008, 07:13 AM   #20

Giotti Aegis

I had a Pentax IstD and didn't worry about the screen. My camera is hanging every time I leave my apartment. I didn't notice much but when I got my K10D I gave the IstD to my sister and her first comment was, "Wow, this screen is really scratched." I looked at it and she was right.

So, my K10D got a plastic PDA cover, which had to be replaced frequenty and often retianed bubbles for awhile, and when my sister came to visit me last month she brought me the Aegis glass cover.

It fits perfectly, went on easily, doesn't inferfere with seeing the screen at all. I like it.
02-16-2008, 08:14 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The ACMaxx set came today...

QuoteOriginally posted by Kentax Quote
that looks interesting, heather. Could you please post a review and some photos when you've received and install? much appreciated!
...and I've installed it. The installation is easy--you simply peel off the back plastic and position it on the lcd screen and press down once it's in place and peel off the protective plastic shield on top. The package does come with illustrated directions. When you clean off the lcd screens to put the protectors, glass cleaner works well.

As for how it looks on the camera, it looks fine. I looked at a few pics I had on the memory card currently in the camera and they are clear on the screen.

Overall, I'm happy with my choice, thus far.

Heather

Last edited by heatherslightbox; 08-02-2009 at 02:03 PM.
02-16-2008, 08:55 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Are the ACMaxx a rebranded DICAIN LCD protector as they look very much alike?