Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K7 firmware continuous shooting

Hi
I have recently updated my firmware from Ver 1.0 to 1.12 and have stuck a snag. I use Sandisk 95mb/sec 32Gb card. On the old version I could get a 26 shot burst before slowing down to write all the info to the card. Using max resolution and quality setting. Saw the update info on 1.12 showing better support for SDXC cards. Update went flawlessly but now I can only get a 4 shot burst and it seems to take forever to write the data to the card.

Is it a setting I have not set that I need to know about or can you update back to the original version?

I shoot a lot of on the water stuff with yachts and the burst mode is great for get the right water movement or catch the whole sequence of the wipeout.

ie
https://picasaweb.google.com/109401118301148256327/WedNov9
https://picasaweb.google.com/109401118301148256327/WedDec7

11-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It could be because you have shadow/highlight correction or lens correction enabled.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-10-2012, 09:37 PM   #3
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have a K-7 and I tested systematically the Hi Continuous shooting performances. I have also the latest firmaware and there is no issue.

However, as hinted by Adam, you MUST switch off (kill off) ALL in-camera ostprocessing incl. Lens distortion correction, High ISO correction, Shadow/highlight correction....

Also you need to select JPEG 14 Mp [**] or less to have long bursts (eg 45 s (*)). If you shoot RAW, the output rate will slow down once the buffer is full.

(*) Yes, I shot continous shooting sequences of more than 45 s at 5.2 fps!

I hope that the info will help.
11-10-2012, 10:40 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
You are both geniuses. Thank you so much. Sticking with 4 star qualilty and can get 25 @ 5.2fps before it starts to slow down but the fast card means it can still get 2 plus for a while longer.