Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Do you always reformat your card? A small filesystem error can lead to long term failure of the filesystem. It will appear to work long after the error. I always reformat in the camera after removing my images. Reformatting in the camera guarantees the file system is in a consistent state. I am a software engineer and know what I'm talking about.

12-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by L33tGreg Quote
I am a software engineer
It's a huge field, what software have you engineered?
12-03-2012, 01:50 AM   #18

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by L33tGreg Quote
Do you always reformat your card? A small filesystem error can lead to long term failure of the filesystem. It will appear to work long after the error. I always reformat in the camera after removing my images. Reformatting in the camera guarantees the file system is in a consistent state. I am a software engineer and know what I'm talking about.
I usually reformat my cards in camera, although sometimes I choose Delete All in camera. Never on the computer.

I used the Amazon card like three or four times since new. I'm beginning to think maybe the woman I handed my camera to was indeed an alien.Supernatural electrical generation force field.

Like I said, I only lost about two days worth of shooting, but did get some nice shots using my 8GB Sandisk card., from which I got about 650 photos. Here's one: