Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-06-2007, 10:41 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
Since you hate to lose data: The Pentax Photobrowser can pruduce a file with all the EXIF data. In the Photobrowser: Select all images in your directory and click the 'Save Image Data List' button. Save the file with extension .csv, and open it in a spreadsheet program.
Cool! And that's a nice easy way to figure out exactly what bits of exif I'm losing. If it's just SR, I can live with that (it's usually on, anyway) but it'd be nice to know if something else is going missing. Thanks!

Julie

01-06-2007, 11:07 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Strange indeed. As an example the lens name always get wiped for me when I save the file as jpg from PS. That's annoying and therefore I have turned to save all EXIF data with Photobrowser as the second step in my process (after renaming the files).
Are you sure?

I just opened an *ist DS PEF file in ACR 3.6, choosed Open and it came up in Photoshop CS2, then I changed the file from 16 to 8-bit format, converted it to sRGB and saved it as JPG and closed it. When re-opened in CS2 I press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+I and in Camera Data 1 the lens name is preserved.

Reopening the same JPG in Bridge (v 1.0.4.6) and checking the Metadata tab, EXIF section, also shows the lens name.

All the above is, as said earlier, with the DS. I have no idea about how ACR/CS2/Bridge handles the K100D files.

regards,
01-06-2007, 04:53 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
the lens name always get wiped for me when I save the file as jpg from PS.
I agree with Jonas, something funny's happening to your files. I convert from PEF to DNG to PSD to JPG, and retain pretty much everything (other than SR info, haven't had a chance to see if anything else is missing) including lens name, FL, exposure program, subject distance range, white balance, you name it.

Julie