Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
Forum Member

matchy matchy

so hi,
I have the pentax kx in white, and I wanted a for fun flash in white and I found the nikon sb-n7 and the nissin Di466. Does anybody know if either if these are compatible with the camera, or if there are other white flashes that would be? Also, is there such thing as a white lens hood that I could get? I know I'm such a girl!

12-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Neither would work well, if at all. If you are going to use a flash meant for another camera system you're going to need to use a flash that has manual modes and preferably an auto mode with its own sensor. Neither of those flashes have anything except TTL auto mode, which only works with the camera it is dedicated to. Best case, it will fire full power every time and you can compensate by stopping down the aperture a lot, worst case, it won't fire at all.
12-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member

If a flash is not specifically marked for use on Pentax, I'd avoid it.

As for a white lens hood, try some nice white acrylic spray paint. Just leave the interior flat black or you will likely have reflections and more glare.
12-11-2012, 04:24 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank you for your input guys!