Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2007, 08:36 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
how to get the k10 information in the viewfinder to stay lit?

I was wondering if there is a way to keep the information displayed in the viewfinder to stay on?
It seems to only display the info after the shot, and I would like it to be on at all times like my old SLR...it use to show the fstop, shutter speed, etc "in real time" so to speak
I tried all the settings and so far haven't found a way

thanks

randy

01-04-2007, 09:22 PM   #2
Veteran Member

keep the shutter release half way pressed.....
top lcd shows info all the time....
as far as the one in the finder....goes off after a few seconds....

my film bodies has that same trait
01-07-2007, 11:44 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Hi Randy,

The only choices that you have are 3, 10, and 30 seconds. You can change this in the Custom Settings menu under "Meter Operating Time". The reason that it shuts down automatically is probably so it won't drain the battery. If you want it on "all the time", set it for 30 sec and then get into the habit of half-pressing the shutter whenever you bring your camera up to your eye.

Scott
10-29-2007, 10:10 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by snostorm Quote
Hi Randy,

The only choices that you have are 3, 10, and 30 seconds. You can change this in the Custom Settings menu under "Meter Operating Time". The reason that it shuts down automatically is probably so it won't drain the battery. If you want it on "all the time", set it for 30 sec and then get into the habit of half-pressing the shutter whenever you bring your camera up to your eye.

Scott
Greetings
if this option is set to 10 sec, does this means I have just 10 sec to focus when using MF ?
Thank you

andy

10-30-2007, 05:05 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by xandy Quote
Greetings
if this option is set to 10 sec, does this means I have just 10 sec to focus when using MF ?
Thank you

andy
If you are relying on the focus beep and confirmation green light, i beleive so. If you are focusing manual, you can still see in the finder what the focus is, after the info lights turn off.

Dave