Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2013, 04:26 AM   #16
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by yasik Quote
it is all about cold weather in novosibirsk, russia.

Last weak almost every day was -35 degr celcium.

I was tired of seating at home and on sunday performed an one hour photo test.

It was -35 in the street, and the k7 with da* were not covered by coat or something else, they were totally exposed to be frozen.

After half of an hour apperture on da*55 was frozen and every shot was f1.4....but we had some fun about it)))

now everything is working great, next time i will try other lens.

So i think the first test was half passed!

And photographs.
Danil f 1.8.
And girls wide open, suppose)))

Ну для России это не экстрим это каждый день

02-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #17

Ah, yes, girls and their beautiful eyes. Even as an old man, I sigh when I see a girl with beautiful eyes. I love pictures that capture them.

When photography was in its infancy photographers did not overlook the beautiful eyes of young women. One technique at the time, even when they had long exposures was to have the subject look directly into the lens. The man behind the camera would place the field so that a pupil was in the absolute center of the frame. The affect was that the person's look seemed to bore right into you. Here is an example. The tintype was taken in about 1870. The girl is Matilda Davis, the one time special lady friend of Richard Brewer, who was a friend and employer of Billy Bonney aka Billy the Kid.

Matilda and Brewer were planning to marry, but she jilted him and married his cousin instead. Broke the poor man's heart and he left town never to return. This picture was found within Sallie Chisum's person collection of photographs. Brewer, I suspect, gave it to her. By the time he did, he and Matilda had been split for about six years and he probably wanted to put her memory far behind him.

Matilda Davis:

02-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #18

I should take another closeup of this image so that one can better see Matilda's staring eye. She would have been blond with gray eyes. Tintype's are notorious for mis-representing hair color. She was a very attractive young women, probably 16 here. I have no idea what happened to her, but I know what happened to Richard Brewer and it wasn't pretty.

Richard Brewer:

Do you see how Brewer has teased his hair? It was the style of the time, kind of like how men grease and peak their hair today.

I've just realized that this is way off topic in this thread, sorry; I got started off on pictures of girl's eyes......and this is where it lead me.