Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2012, 07:47 AM   #16
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Manila
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,191
Perhaps a misspelling of the typist, thinking the foreign assignment of their country name "Japan" also had double-p's like their local name for their country, "Nippon" / "Nihon"

12-28-2012, 11:04 PM   #17
Senior Member




Join Date: May 2012
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 122
Literally as I type this, there is a tv show on in the background that explores the world of counterfeit goods, and based on what they are showing, anything at all can and is faked. That being said, Japan is full of misspelled English or English with really bad grammar or English words use in incorrect context. So the label error alone would not really signal much of an issue to me, and probably not to anyone who has visited Japan. These errors are literally everywhere, and as someone mentioned above, there is a website dedicated to nothing but examples of bad English usage found in Japan. Gomenasai. Simimasen.
12-28-2012, 11:21 PM   #18
Pentaxian
Sagitta's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Maine
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,912
I bought a ballcap once that touted the city of Philadeplia and wore it for a couple months before a buddy of mine paused, tilted his head at me and busted out laughing when he noticed the typo I was proudly wearing on my head.
12-29-2012, 03:07 AM   #19
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sydney
Posts: 671
QuoteOriginally posted by toukan Quote
Literally as I type this, there is a tv show on in the background that explores the world of counterfeit goods, and based on what they are showing, anything at all can and is faked. That being said, Japan is full of misspelled English or English with really bad grammar or English words use in incorrect context. So the label error alone would not really signal much of an issue to me, and probably not to anyone who has visited Japan. These errors are literally everywhere, and as someone mentioned above, there is a website dedicated to nothing but examples of bad English usage found in Japan. Gomenasai. Simimasen.
And you like you have pointed out, there's a lot of misspelled Japanese in English speaking world. It's sumimasen by the way

12-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #20
Forum Member




Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 89
QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
I bought a ballcap once that touted the city of Philadeplia and wore it for a couple months before a buddy of mine paused, tilted his head at me and busted out laughing when he noticed the typo I was proudly wearing on my head.
I have a Washington Nationals hat that proudly identifies I am a fan of the Washingyon Nationals
12-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #21
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: melb, au
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 100
nikon have been making pentax rip offs for years...lol
12-30-2012, 05:51 AM   #22
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: WV
Posts: 1,484
I just checked the serial number cards on my DA 18-135, DA 70 Limited, and DA 40 Limited.

It is "Printed in Jappan" on the 18-135 card and "Printed in Japan" on both Limited cards.

My conclusion: If you want Japan spelled "Japan" on a serial number card, you must buy Limited lenses.
12-30-2012, 05:58 AM   #23
Pentaxian
VisualDarkness's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,439
QuoteOriginally posted by MPrince Quote
My conclusion: If you want Japan spelled "Japan" on a serial number card, you must buy Limited lenses.
Sounds like that. Pentax really wants us to go Limited!

12-30-2012, 06:20 AM   #24
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: WV
Posts: 1,484
QuoteOriginally posted by minahasa Quote
This might be interesting..



2010 News:
COUNTERFEIT ‘PENTAX’ LENSES AMONG GEAR SEIZED IN RAID
Counterfeit
A follow-up story indicates that only fake Canon lenses were discovered, but that report was unconfirmed. Fake camera cases were branded Canon, Sony, Panasonic, Nikon, Pentax and Kodak. Didn't see any further follow-up reports.
12-30-2012, 10:27 AM   #25
Site Supporter
grhazelton's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jonesboro, GA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,788
I have the instruction manual for my Father's Asahiflex IIa. It has some funny slips in English, such as referring to "dirts" on the lens, but generally does pretty well.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, lens, photography, typo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How sturdy are these cameras? Gallopingphotog Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 13 09-28-2012 05:39 PM
is there any picture profile/hack for pentax cameras? Tarola Video and Pentax HDSLRs 3 07-28-2012 02:33 PM
New Cameras....What are Your Plans? Rupert Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 84 02-27-2012 06:37 AM
Are you certain there are NO stain issues with B&H K-5's imagesforyou Ask B&H Photo! 4 06-03-2011 04:12 PM
why are there no digital backs for 35mm cameras? Egg Salad General Talk 56 02-05-2010 05:40 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:30 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top