Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2012, 07:47 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Perhaps a misspelling of the typist, thinking the foreign assignment of their country name "Japan" also had double-p's like their local name for their country, "Nippon" / "Nihon"

12-28-2012, 11:04 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
Literally as I type this, there is a tv show on in the background that explores the world of counterfeit goods, and based on what they are showing, anything at all can and is faked. That being said, Japan is full of misspelled English or English with really bad grammar or English words use in incorrect context. So the label error alone would not really signal much of an issue to me, and probably not to anyone who has visited Japan. These errors are literally everywhere, and as someone mentioned above, there is a website dedicated to nothing but examples of bad English usage found in Japan. Gomenasai. Simimasen.
12-28-2012, 11:21 PM   #18
Pentaxian

I bought a ballcap once that touted the city of Philadeplia and wore it for a couple months before a buddy of mine paused, tilted his head at me and busted out laughing when he noticed the typo I was proudly wearing on my head.
12-29-2012, 03:07 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by toukan Quote
Literally as I type this, there is a tv show on in the background that explores the world of counterfeit goods, and based on what they are showing, anything at all can and is faked. That being said, Japan is full of misspelled English or English with really bad grammar or English words use in incorrect context. So the label error alone would not really signal much of an issue to me, and probably not to anyone who has visited Japan. These errors are literally everywhere, and as someone mentioned above, there is a website dedicated to nothing but examples of bad English usage found in Japan. Gomenasai. Simimasen.
And you like you have pointed out, there's a lot of misspelled Japanese in English speaking world. It's sumimasen by the way

12-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #20

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
I bought a ballcap once that touted the city of Philadeplia and wore it for a couple months before a buddy of mine paused, tilted his head at me and busted out laughing when he noticed the typo I was proudly wearing on my head.
I have a Washington Nationals hat that proudly identifies I am a fan of the Washingyon Nationals
12-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #21
Inactive Account

nikon have been making pentax rip offs for years...lol
12-30-2012, 05:51 AM   #22
Veteran Member

I just checked the serial number cards on my DA 18-135, DA 70 Limited, and DA 40 Limited.

It is "Printed in Jappan" on the 18-135 card and "Printed in Japan" on both Limited cards.

My conclusion: If you want Japan spelled "Japan" on a serial number card, you must buy Limited lenses.

12-30-2012, 05:58 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MPrince Quote
My conclusion: If you want Japan spelled "Japan" on a serial number card, you must buy Limited lenses.
Sounds like that. Pentax really wants us to go Limited!
12-30-2012, 06:20 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by minahasa Quote
This might be interesting..

2010 News:
COUNTERFEIT ‘PENTAX’ LENSES AMONG GEAR SEIZED IN RAID
Counterfeit
A follow-up story indicates that only fake Canon lenses were discovered, but that report was unconfirmed. Fake camera cases were branded Canon, Sony, Panasonic, Nikon, Pentax and Kodak. Didn't see any further follow-up reports.
12-30-2012, 10:27 AM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I have the instruction manual for my Father's Asahiflex IIa. It has some funny slips in English, such as referring to "dirts" on the lens, but generally does pretty well.