Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2008, 03:30 PM   #1

60-series focusing screen versus 80-series?

As I understand it, replacing the 80-series focusing screen in my K10D with a 60-series screen will significantly improve metering accuracy with legacy M-42 lenses. Before I spring for a LL-60, can anyone tell me what happens to metering with my FA and DA lenses when the LL-60 is in place? I am particularly concerned about metering performance impact on fast lenses such as the FA 50/1.4 and FA 70/1.7, but experience with any and all lenses, including MF "A" lenses would all be of interest. Thanks, in advance.

Curt

02-17-2008, 06:37 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As I recall the threads concerning this swap, the comments were that the impact on FA and other modern lens exposure accuracy was minimal. The greatest benefit of the swap was when the M42 lens is stopped down. Sorry, I don't have a satisfactory techncal explanation of why this is so. I bought one of the LL-60's myself and installed the 80-series screen from my K10D in my *ist-DS for the brighter view, so both cameras were improved in the process. Go figure.