Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2008, 08:40 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
International Warranty documentation.

Apologies if this has been covered before.

My story: I was given a Pentax lens as a gift, purchased in Hong Kong. A completed warranty card was included in the box, which the purchaser was lead to believe was an International Warranty. The lens has mal-functioned and been sent to Pentax Australia (with the warranty card) for repairs. Pentax Australia say the card is not an International Warranty. Annoying because if I had known the card was not the right one I would have returned it to Hong Kong for repairs, but now time is going to beat me as the 12 months is up.

So....can someone post a copy of an International Warranty card, if it indeed exists. This would be a big help to all of us.

Thank you.
Grant

02-18-2008, 10:51 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I was faced with a similar situation as yours, as I bought the camera when I was working in another country.

The request for an International Warranty has to be made to the Pentax distributor in the country you originally bought it in. In the case of Hong Kong it is Jebsen & Co., Ltd. , 10/F,Continental Building, 17 Wang Chiu Road, Kowloon Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong. Phone (852)-2926-2300.

If you send them the proof of purchase in Hong Kong, with the Serial number , they should honour the request and issue an International Warranty card.

For my case, it took more than a month, plus a number of faxes and phone calls to the original distributor to get the International Warranty sorted out.

The good news is that the Pentax distributor in the country where I live now did in the end honour the International Warranty, it just took time and effort to get the whole thing settled.

My camera's out of warranty now, unfortunately I think I threw away the card when I did some spring cleaning, so I can't show you how it looks like.
02-19-2008, 03:53 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hi Kittykat,
Thanks for that, very interesting. the card that was included with my lens was stamped by Jebsens.

Still think it would be a big help to prospective purchasers if we could see what an International Warranty Card looks like......anyone???

Cheers.
02-19-2008, 04:21 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by GWP Quote
Hi Kittykat,
Thanks for that, very interesting. the card that was included with my lens was stamped by Jebsens.

Still think it would be a big help to prospective purchasers if we could see what an International Warranty Card looks like......anyone???

Cheers.
I have an International Warranty Card issued by CR Kennedy. They kindly did it upon my request. It's already very late here, I will try to find this card tomorrow.

Basically it isn't very different from local warranty card, it just says "International Warranty Card" on it

02-19-2008, 05:31 PM   #5
Veteran Member

(snip) A completed warranty card was included in the box, which the purchaser was lead to believe was an International Warranty. (snip)

Sorry to hear about your lens, Grant. None of my Pentax equipment purchased in the USA came with warranty cards. Instead, the sales receipt is supposed to stand in for that. However, there was something about obtaining an International Warranty card that would be valid outside the country where the camera was purchased. However, I haven't even attempted to obtain one, mainly because I haven't needed it and I'm sure Pentax Germany would provide repairs without. Sadly, I don't think any of that is going to help you all that much in Australia.

stewart
02-20-2008, 01:32 PM   #6

International Warranty Card

So....can someone post a copy of an International Warranty card, if it indeed exists. This would be a big help to all of us.
Attached is a retouched copy of one of my International Warranty Cards. I've bought some gear from B&H, and each time I've taken a photo of the serial number card and the receipt, sent them in email to Pentax USA, and a week or so later I've gotten International Warranty Cards. I figured it was better to do it right away and not having to do it if I should ever need it.
Attached Images

02-20-2008, 02:54 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you very much for that. Now I, & I'm sure many others will know exactly what to look for.
Thanks again.