Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2008, 11:26 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Why you need the K10D/K20D weather resistant DSLRs.

Hi Pentax friends,

Sunday late afternoon, we were driving back home from an outing to the country side of San Bernardino county. Along route 18, south the San Bernardino Mountains, a hay farmer (not that I knew, but I asked the farmer what he was growing) was watering the fields. The sun was low and it emphasized the water sprays.

With the farmerís permission, I ventured into the field and started shooting. I liked the effects it was creating, but I was all wet by the time I was finish and so was the Pentax K10D. Iím happy to report that, as advertised, the K10D did not take any water in. Itís only after the shootout that the farmer told me that the water was recycled and that I should wash my face and hands thoroughly. So we stopped at the next service station and did just that. I hope I wonít get sick from the tainted water! His crop is not intended for human consumption, but for his animal feeding. You think there are any chances the bacteriaís could eventually get to us from the meat we eat?

None the less, I thought the effect was worthy of the time spent there. Pentax DSLRs

Thank you for reading,

Yvon Bourque

02-18-2008, 11:58 PM   #2
Forum Member

nah, food grown like that is fairly common practice and it's closely regulated to ensure that too many nutrients/contaminants don't get put in the soil at once. It's rather eco friendly actually, good way to reuse and reduce animal wastes, and avoid having to use clean purified water to irrigate crops that don't care. "grey water" (cleaned but not totally purified) systems are used around here for watering lawns and such, it's a similar concept. took a semester long course on it in the fall.....

oh yeah, cameras:

did you use a DA* lense? how'd the lense fair?
02-19-2008, 02:01 AM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Recycled water's pretty clean.
You'd be more at risk of getting an animal-bourne disease from hanging around cattle than eating livestock.

Glad to hear the K10D's weather seals live up to itself.
02-19-2008, 09:08 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Recycled water's pretty clean.
You'd be more at risk of getting an animal-bourne disease from hanging around cattle than eating livestock.

Glad to hear the K10D's weather seals live up to itself.
i've shot mine in the rain and snow without issue. da* glass on the body. it's kinda surreal shooting with a dripping wet camera, but also fun in the "this is working great!" way.