Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2008, 04:49 AM   #1

Built-in B&W filters on K20D

I understand the K20D has internal filters for B&W. Which are these? And are they equivalent to the standard Kodak/Wratten filter numbers (like #25 red, #47 blue, #58 Green etc etc)?

Does it matter? well yes. A #25 red is different to a #29 deep red.

What could it be used for? Normal B&W photography. But also Tri-colour seperation (digital) negatives for hand-made prints.

Any info, thanks.

02-19-2008, 06:06 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mr.voigtlander Quote
I understand the K20D has internal filters for B&W. Which are these? And are they equivalent to the standard Kodak/Wratten filter numbers (like #25 red, #47 blue, #58 Green etc etc)?

Does it matter? well yes. A #25 red is different to a #29 deep red.

What could it be used for? Normal B&W photography. But also Tri-colour seperation (digital) negatives for hand-made prints.

Any info, thanks.
That would be awesome, but I think it is just a feature that converts to greyscale in-camera. You can fairly easily apply B&W "filters" in post-processing. A common way is to use the channel mixer in Photoshop, where you can adjust the red, green, and blue channels separately.
02-19-2008, 01:32 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Codiac made mention of this as if it were some special feature but everything I've read since then leaves me to believe it is identical to the K10D..

If I'm not mistaken, when you shoot a RAW or JPG image with the K10D and you convert it in camera to B&W, you are given colored filter choices. Red, Green, etc..
02-20-2008, 01:56 PM   #4
Veteran Member

It's possible, given the Live View on the K20D, that the LCD will show the filtered image (i.e., in B&W).