Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2013, 06:36 AM   #1

Menu Settings - K30

Hello All,

I finally decided on the K30. Very nice camera. Anyway, are there any suggested (best) settings for the menu items? Any real important ones I should change? This is only my second Pentax and my first real DSLR.

Thank you.

01-17-2013, 07:08 AM   #2
Ari
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations on purchasing a great camera! There are no "best" universal settings. I strongly suggest reading the manual, experimenting on your own shooting in different modes, shooting in full manual mode and working with the aperture of your lenses. It's a lot of fun once you jump off the "Auto" bridge
01-17-2013, 07:18 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mlcinema Quote
Hello All,

I finally decided on the K30. Very nice camera. Anyway, are there any suggested (best) settings for the menu items? Any real important ones I should change? This is only my second Pentax and my first real DSLR.

Thank you.
For the in camera jpeg settings I started using Bright, with +2 sharpness, but after a while found the saturation a bit too much. I'm now on Natural with fine sharp on +1 and the high/low key +1. You have to decide what you like best. Take a few RAW+ shots and compare it side by side in a program like FastStone Image Viewer, that would give you an idea of the effect of your changes.

Edit: Do you have any other specific settings in mind......?