Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2008, 12:49 AM   #1

PF-CA25 - Ever heard of it?

Has anyone here used the PF-CA25? It's an adapter to mount a Pentax SLR to a spotting scope or other optic that usually uses an eyepiece. It's like a f12 fixed, and it's very spendy... but all this lunar photography reminded me of my 15-45x spotting scope, and it sure gets you closer than the 200mm lens I have. I just don't think I can justify dropping $400, when the scope only cost me $60! (it's an old used bushnell)

I did some playing around though, and I think you could actually jimmy rig something to use the existing eyepiece. I was able to get it to focus by just taking the lens off and holding it very close to the eyepiece. Similar idea to the P&S adapters for scopes.

Pentax | PF-CA35 K-Mount SLR Camera Adapter | 70510 | B&H Photo

02-21-2008, 09:04 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Actually, from the product description, the PF-CA25 may only work exclusively with Pentax spotting scopes (only ones mentioned in the description). Regardless, your best bet (more choices available from the greatest number of manufacturers) would be a t-mount compatible scope of some type with t-mount adapters for the scope and Pentax camera (one fits the scope, one fits the camera mount, and then both adapters fit each other). Indeed, a t-mount adapter may already be available for your particular scope. If so, all you would need is that and an inexpensive t-mount adapter for your Pentax camera mount.

stewart
02-21-2008, 09:17 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks

Thanks, I'll check it out!