Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Photobucket is still around.
They used to leave uploaded images alone, i.e. if it was below a certain file size (I forget how big) they didn't recompress it, and the EXIF was left intact when direct linking. Not now since the 'improvements'. Direct linking would also just show the image, not one surrounded by tools and gizmos.

I've been looking for a free for light usage site that does what PhotoBucket used to but there always seems to be a catch.

01-29-2013, 07:58 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by dcBear78 Quote
I'm still trying to decide which I like best. New to this photo game but been uploading pics for a while. Always used imgur.com cause it is one of the few free ones that allows unlimited full resolution uploads. But now with my photos it looks like Flickr is my best option. One of the things I need is Lightroom integration so that pretty much leaves Flickr, 500px and Smugmug. Can't decide out of Flickr & 500px which I like better. Haven't tried Smugmug.... So best give it a go.
I used Flickr at start.. but the free version is really pointless. It's great for community sharing though if you pay for the pro version.

However I quoted dcBear because he mentioned lightroom integration. I use lightroom in my workflow and it uploads directly to picasa/google+ like anywhere else. I use the jfriedl plugin for that.

I currently upload through picasa with my g+ linked.. and get unlimited uploads since i dont need to upload pics with a dimension more than 2048. Only thing I miss out on is the large community that would comment on photos.