Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-22-2013, 02:11 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Amazing Warranty Service

I know some have had negative experiences with Pentax service, and of course the tendency is for the unfortunate stories to get posted.

I wanted to post my recent and outstanding experience with Pentax service. While I was in Israel, the "Okay" button on my K-30 stopped working. I could still use the camera, generally, using a half-press of the shutter button for most "okay" functions thought not for all, indeed, not for many important ones. I did not have the international warranty, so I had to wait until I returned home to send the camera off for service.

So on January 2, 2013 I put my K-30 in the mail with all the paperwork to C.R.I.S. thinking maybe 2 months.

To my surprise and delight, my camera arrived back today, January 22, just 20 days from door to door, repaired, cleaned and checked.

I also note that while I did not have a battery in the camera when I sent it, they returned it to me with a battery installed. That's pretty nice indeed.

I'm very, very happy with this outstanding warranty repair service on my camera.

Last edited by lawsonstone; 01-22-2013 at 02:40 PM.
01-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This has also been my experiece with Pentax/Ricoh.Canada. 1 week turnaround on replacing my lens release button! Outstanding service.
01-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Same as my experience with them. Glad to hear it. They did make a mistake though - the battery shouldn't have been sent to you. Nice extra from them though
01-22-2013, 04:09 PM - 2 Likes   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
i contacted C.R.I.S. and yes, they did not mean to send the battery, so I'll be popping it into the mail back to them tomorrow. It would just be wrong to "reward" such good service by exploiting a mistake that probably happened because they were trying to be quick about getting my camera back to me.

01-22-2013, 04:17 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lawsonstone Quote
i contacted C.R.I.S. and yes, they did not mean to send the battery, so I'll be popping it into the mail back to them tomorrow. It would just be wrong to "reward" such good service by exploiting a mistake that probably happened because they were trying to be quick about getting my camera back to me.
+1 to you for your honesty!
01-22-2013, 08:23 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks...you know, when the battery actually had a label taped on it with the technicians name written on it, it was so obviously a mistake…it just seemed indecent to keep the battery when they obviously tried to turn the camera around and get it back to me so quickly. I can't imagine anyone doing anything else.
01-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lawsonstone Quote
Thanks...you know, when the battery actually had a label taped on it with the technicians name written on it, it was so obviously a mistake…it just seemed indecent to keep the battery when they obviously tried to turn the camera around and get it back to me so quickly. I can't imagine anyone doing anything else.
You may have saved that tech some grief as well. I congratulate you on your honesty!