Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2008, 04:50 PM   #1
Veteran Member

turn around time in CO

does any know what the turn around for an estimate with Pentax in CO is? I'm a bit anxious. I miss my camera already!

02-22-2008, 06:11 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't know about the estimate,but my last 2 repairs under warranty were really fast. I had my k10d viewfinder aligned before the warranty ran out and they had it less than a week. Then I sent my k100super in for pixel mapping (one in the middle really bugged me) and they had it for a week. I got the super for backup when I sent in my k10d because I feared the worst. Hopefully you will have a fast turnaround too.
02-22-2008, 06:42 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My K110D repair for a problem I caused took 5 weeks. Perhaps warranty goes to the head of the line? I was not aware of "Expedited Service", an option gets reduce turnaround time for a fee. If you search this forum there are many threads about repair time and it varies considerably. Many, like borno, buy another camera while waiting. I had a K100D so was OK with the repair time especially when they followed my unusual requests.
02-22-2008, 07:32 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
In a recent thread, someone said that Pentax is no longer offering the "Expedited Service" option. (Presumably, the new (upcoming?) "pro" support service replaces it?)

02-22-2008, 07:44 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If your dealer sent it in he can look up the estimate on the website and OK it that way. Cuts down on two way snail mail. Cuts about 2 weeks off the time.
thanks
barondla