Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2013, 11:44 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Good US source for K10d/K20d generic batteries???

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I know this topic was beat to death years ago, but as the years have gone by some of the data may be out of date. I am looking for a US source for good batteries for my K10d. I know some of you will say OEM is the way to go, but I cannot justify spending 25% of what I paid for the camera just to get one extra battery. Has anyone bought batteries recently? Who/where did you buy them, and how did it work out?

01-31-2013, 11:52 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here you are
Pearstone D-Li50 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 1500mAh) D-LI50

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-31-2013, 01:05 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I use wasabi brand batteries on my K5. They last as long as the oem batteries and are way cheaper. Not to mention they come bundled with a very convenient charger, I no longer use the Pentax charger ' cause it's too bulky. Here's a link. Amazon.com: Wasabi Power Battery and Charger Kit for Pentax D-LI50, D-L150, K10D, K20D: Camera & Photo
02-03-2013, 11:32 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Roob-N-Boots Quote
I use wasabi brand batteries on my K5. They last as long as the oem batteries and are way cheaper. Not to mention they come bundled with a very convenient charger, I no longer use the Pentax charger ' cause it's too bulky. Here's a link. Amazon.com: Wasabi Power Battery and Charger Kit for Pentax D-LI50, D-L150, K10D, K20D: Camera & Photo
I think that is the same as the cheap ones from ebay e.g., D LI90 Battery Charger with Car Adapter for Pentax D LI90 | eBay. I have not used it yet.

Edit: I bought some cheap batteries and found that their quality control may be a little low. I got one bad one (out of two) which won't hold charge at all and the seller agreed to send me a replacement. The second one (for K5) needed to be charged for extended period of time before it became usable. I have not tested to see how long it will hold charge or how many shots I can take with it. These batteries were very inexpensive -- may be $5 each shipped.

Last edited by TropicalMonkey; 03-01-2013 at 01:59 PM.